LLLReptile Supply Good Guys! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2004, 12:15 PM   #1
beardielvr
Thumbs up LLLReptile Supply Good Guys!

I bought some items (Herptivite, MinerAll, and some Dragon Yummies). Their prices are great, they were packaged excellent, and 5 days in transit from CA to NY isn't bad at all!

Old 09-01-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
Mickey_TLK
Loren and the rest of the guys at LLL are GREAT PEOPLE in my book. I always enjoy bumbing into them at shows, and they always have very nice animals on their tables.

Old 11-13-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
JMelissaMc
I Want to Sing Their Praises

I ordered from LLLReptile and Supply for the very first time last week. I ordered a large Screen Chameleon Cage that was on sale. When I placed the order, I knew that it would take 4 days to be delivered by UPS ground, so the earliest it would be here was Friday. What a pleasant surprise it was to have UPS at the door on Friday with the cage. The item was shipped the same day the order was received. I wish all places gave that great of service.

FYI, I put the cage together in about 15 minutes, added some contents and now "Cammie" is one happy, little chameleon.

I will definitely be ordering from them in the future!

Old 11-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #4
iluvblackfrancis
NOT TRUE!

LLL Reptiles is one of the most disgraceful businesses in the hobby. I live near their store in Oceanside, and I go in all the time. Half their animals are malnurished, and on the brink of death. Their prices are very low, but hey, you deserve a discount when the chances of your animal surviving are about 50/50.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #5
SpindleHead
I bought a Green Basilisk from them 7 months ago and he arrived healthy and hungry, was packed very well and in my hands by ten o'clock a day after I ordered him. I would recommend them to anybody based on my experience.

Did you have a bad experience with them or is it just that you think their store and stock are not up to your standards? I would be interested in hearing what you have to say.

Anyway take care,

Chris Marston

Old 11-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
iluvblackfrancis
Both. When I was thirteen and just getting into reptiles, I bought a leopard gecko from them. He never ate, and eventually died. Not knowing any better at the time, I bought another one from them, and the same happened. When this one didn't eat, my mom had me call them. They basically told me that I picked a dud, and there was nothing I could do about it. In fact, that may be their exact words, I don't remember. I'v e been in their store countless times. All cages are loaded with feces, and many are way over crowded, even for a pet store. On my last birthday, my friend bought me a Burmese python from them, and he was in horrible condition. He was only about 24" and supposedly four or five months old, and was in the middle of a bad shed. He's still alive, and he's now healthy in my care, and has grown about a foot in two months. I don't understand how people can see their animals at shows and say they look healthy, the honestly must not know what they're looking at. I see them at shows all the time, and I always look, and their animals never look great.

Old 11-13-2004, 05:36 PM   #7
Xelda
I wouldn't order any animals from LLL just based on the fact that LLL brokers their animals. When you have a mix of WC and CB animals coming from all sorts of places being sold with a quick turnaround, the health and condition of what you order is going to be a hit or miss.

However, I have ordered supplies from them on a couple of occasions. The shipping was fast, but packaging was kind of cheap (i.e. using unsturdy USPS priority mail boxes to ship via UPS). If they didn't have the best prices on Miner-all, I wouldn't order from them at all.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:14 AM   #8
SWAG
I have, and I will, order from LLL.

I wouldn't recommend folks looking for a lot of animals order from LLL, but I also wouldn't recommend folks looking for a lot of animals order from ANY big importing/brokering/wholesaling outfit.

They are not the place, necessarily, to order a ball or a leopard gecko from.

However, for more difficult to find animals they are excellent--great prices. I have yet to interact with a big outfit that achieves anywhere near the "standard" of hobbyist care, but thats the nature of the beast.

Last January, in single digit temperature, they shipped me (at their behest---they don't hold animals for "over a week") a beautiful apodora papuana. He arrived safe and sound and has matured beautifully. Sure, I'd buy a CB papuan in a heartbeat, but you don't exactly see a lot of them around. As it was, they offered a good price on a somewhat rare animal, and it was basically understood that I was getting a newly captive specimen. I was comfortable acclimating the snake, so it works out fine.

Just yesterday I acquired another animal from them, though I had been hoping for a pair. No one contacted me---they just sent one of the animals I had paid for, discounted, with a quick note that the other was no longer available. If I were ordering from a breeder, that would be entirely unacceptable. But for what they are, thats what I expect with the prices I pay. Again, the nature of the beast. I'm not saying its right, but I and others continue to take advantage of these places and they continue to fulfill a role in our hobby.

If there were an impeccable brokering/wholesale outfit, I would happily pay the difference in price. I really would. But as it stands, they simply don't exist. There are better and worse places, but the range is comparatively small. Until I can patronize such a place, I will continue to use LLLReptiles and others. In fact, LLL is a lot better than some similar businesses I have had the displeasure to purchase from.

Old 11-14-2004, 02:21 AM   #9
jason77
I recently bought a wamena locale scrub python from LLL at a show....anyone who knows scrubs knows you cant get a cb wamena....
She is doing very well and eats great.....and she is one awsome looking snake.
The rest of the animals looked good also...some where packed in containers that i feel were a little small.

I would buy from them again.

Jason

Old 11-14-2004, 11:38 AM   #10
chondrogal
shopping at LLL

I live very close to the LLL location in Escondido and have also visited the Oceanside location in addition to seeing them at the herp shows.

I totally enjoy visiting the stores and seeing what interesting animals they may have at any given time. You won't find people employed by LLL that are clueless about herps and/or supplies either. They know their stuff well and are pleasant to chat with. For a business that brokers/imports such a wide variety of animals I believe that they have done extremely well in having only had a couple specimens over many visits to the shop that were "questionable" in my personal opinion. I have NEVER EVER seen a LOT of dirty, stinky unclean or unkempt enclosures. Their employees are friendly and helpful.

I doubt I'll personally purchase a reptile from them... they just don't deal in designer line chondros.... but, I have purchased thousands in cages and supplies, if they did have something rare that I really wanted I'd feel comfortable purchasing from them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!