Falys..where to draw the line??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
Texas Ranger
I agree that there is difference in locales but there is a unseen line that if the locale crosses it it should not be breed as set locale. Like a all red body and blue faly with no white just dosent seem like good faly breeding stock as that is not the treat everyone is looking for ... Now weather it was cross or not I don't know only the breeder knows and if i ended up with that chameleon and was useing him for breeding I could and would not I would have to resale him as a panther chameleon... As with any locale JMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Nation View Post
I for one would like to say that I personally have produced over 1000 falys in the time I have been breeding chameleons. I have seen some, what we would call perfect falys along with some that are not even close.........all from the same mom and dad. Rob you mentioned Nika and referred to an Ambilobe looking one here in Canada. That one is a brother to Bobbie..... 100%. It was not from Nika. Yet you call it a cross. Bobbie would have to be a cross if you are indeed correct. Some do honestly feel that all Raiden and Nala babies were crosses. That is just fine, doesnt hurt me one bit.

Now I am going to jump to Nosy Mitsio, more specifically the ones you purchased from me. The one you kept looks pure Mitsio yet the one Lee ended up with some say is Ambilobe. You of all people surpried me by sticking up for it. I know they are all pure but do you see how some can look the look and some do not.........yet all from the same clutch. Clark was the first one to call them all crosses along with every other line I was producing at the time. But yet called yours pure but in a private message to me called them all crosses

I missed the thread you all speak of so I dont know the chams in question. My goal is to get you to see that you will have so much variation out of the same clutch. Look at Wylde, Raidens dad, he has no white on him whatsoever. Look at Raiden, almost completely white while he was young then almost completely red months before death.