Unusual Argentine - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2003, 09:39 AM   #1
Mike Greathouse
Unusual Argentine

This little girl popped up in a litter or normal Argentines. She has a very "washed-out" look about her. Additionally, a large portion of her ventral scales are a creamy white. She is NOT a product of cross-breeding. Both parents and every other baby in the litter is a normal looking Argentine.

The 1st picture was taken indoors with a flash.
The 2nd picture was taken outdoors in natural light and gives a better representation of her coloring.
The 3rd picture was also taken indoors with a flash and shows some of her ventrals.

Has anyone encountered or produced an Argentine like this?
I've looked at a lot of Argentines, but I've never seen one quite like this.

I welcome all comments and opinions.

Thank you,

Old 09-23-2003, 02:11 PM   #2
Randy T.
That is a slick snake...hope it proves genetic down the road.

Old 09-25-2003, 03:24 PM   #3
MR_Jungle_Mist
no clue...

I'm afraid I don't have any input as to what you are holding but it does look cute all the same.

I'm just curious to know if you are planning on holding this one back and if you are then perhaps you could post a pic once in a while of how her colour change comes along as opposed to any other in the litter you may keep.

Also, could you take a picture of her and a sibling and post it so we can get a nice comparison?

Thanks!

Old 09-26-2003, 02:46 PM   #4
Mike Greathouse
She's a keeper!..more...

This little lady is definately a holdback animal. Her siblings are going to be offered for sale as soon as they are well-established (about another two weeks).

I'll try and post some pics with her siblings this weekend.
I think it will be very interesting to see just what happens with this girls as she matures.

Thanks,

Old 09-28-2003, 01:21 PM   #5
Mike Greathouse
Picture w/ sibling

Here is a picture of Mosaic (her new name) with one of her littermates.<br>All of the Argentines in this litter are what I would call light-phase.<br>Even so, there is a marked difference in the coloration from Mosaic<br>and her siblings. Not to mention, the creamy white ventrals.

I'm very anxious to see what she becomes as she grows.

Thanks,

Old 09-29-2003, 12:11 PM   #6
MR_Jungle_Mist
Thanks for the picture. She certainly is cute! And a perfect name!

Good luck with her!

Old 09-29-2003, 12:21 PM   #7
MR_Jungle_Mist
btw...

Thanks for not putting her up for sale right away for $1,000 and putting something like "POSSIBLE NEW STRAIN OF SOMETHINGOROTHER!", "Semi-possible-sorta-like-albino-ish" or "only one in captivity..I have no idea what she is but she must be something so I'm selling her at an incredibly inflated price!!" in the ad.

Old 09-29-2003, 01:13 PM   #8
ksshane
Wow.. she is very unusual...

Good luck

Old 09-29-2003, 01:35 PM   #9
Mike Greathouse
I agree completely!

Steve, I know exactly what you mean. The whole reptile industry has gone morph crazy.<br>I'll be the first to appreciate a genuine color or pattern morph, but there seems to be a plethora of morph- wannabes popping up lately.

As far as Mosaic, I have no idea just what she has going on or if it's a genetic trait, but I think it will be very interesting to watch her grow up. I have yet to encounter anyone who has had a similar animal in a litter of Argentines.

For what it's worth, once her siblings are established, they are being sold for $100.00 ea which I think is a fair price for a healthy captive-bred Argentine. Regardless of what genetics may or may not be flowing through the line, I'm only going to market these as normal Argentines.

Thanks,

Old 10-12-2003, 10:27 AM   #10
Mike Greathouse
Updated Pictures!

Here some some new pictures of Mosaic.
She seems to be getting lighter as she grows.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!