Dubbya a bush or Not a bush, that is the question - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:40 PM   #21
Dennis1
I got three letters that will sum this up

OIL

Old 11-10-2005, 07:51 PM   #22
Matt Haines
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchoven

Some of you (not specifically addressed to this board but dissenters in general) need to learn the art of thinking with both your heart and your mind.
I have just one question. Are you one of those people who believe that anyone who is against the war and not fond of bush is "anti-america"? That is just how that statement came off. I do not sit with any political party, I make my own decisions based upon factual evidence, and I happen to despise Bush and this war.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:54 PM   #23
Dennis1
Hey im a Liberal Demepublican

And i think the reason we dont invade Korea is because China would kick our all the way back home then some

Old 11-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #24
Griz
Yashi, you should know me better than that!

No, I don't not think of anyone that does not agree with Bush as anti-american. One of the things that makes this country so great is the fact that we have such varied opinions.

Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule. However, and I am sure the vast majority of you would agree, as with anything political, too many people in this nation rely solely upon what they are fed by the media. They base their decisions upon what they hear and not what they have studied. That, whether in the political arena or not, is a dangerous way of educating oneself.

I, for one, still very much believe that Sadaam was a (to use the words of Senator Kennedy) an eminent threat. I do believe he had and that there still are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I would highly suggest, if nothing else but some good reading, to read Richard Miniter's, of the New York Times, book by the name of Disinformation.

Even Reuters stated this past summer that enriched Uranium was found and in mass quantities yet somehow the mainstream media never spoke about this. We all know, due to inspections, that Saddam had WMD's in the 90's. I am not going to be so naive as to believe that he got rid of them.

Anyways, we are all very passionate about our beliefs and if we are all honest to each other, we all know right now that this discussion is going to go nowhere good. Jim and Yashi, I know the two of you very well from other postings etc and I know how passionate you are in your beliefs and quite frankly set in your ways. Heck, I know I am in that same boat. I have said my peace and again, would highly encourage you to read that book.

Griz

Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #25
jsrocket
For the record, I am not patently against military action. There is REAL evidence that the terrorist training camps were all over Afghanistan. I believe the preemptive strikes on these camps is a smart use of the military, and a real way to make the world safer. As Bob said, catching Osama dosen't really mean diddly one way or the other, except for a bandwagon the American media and politicians can ride.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #26
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchoven
Even Reuters stated this past summer that enriched Uranium was found and in mass quantities yet somehow the mainstream media never spoke about this.
Where? Link?

Old 11-10-2005, 10:06 PM   #27
Matt Haines
I just had to ask to make sure. Being a member of several other forums I have found a great deal of conservatives think in the way that I had expressed. On the other hand, the liberals and democrats are equally as demonizing in their own right.I'll check up on that book at some point and see if it is something I would be interested in.

You do have a very good point. There is never such a thing as a civil discussion about either politics or religion. It always ends up in a bloody argument and all leave with battle wounds. Perhaps this thread would be best left alone.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #28
Griz
Jim, I will find that link for you early next week. I closed my office down for Veterans day tomorrow. Our city just did a HUGE memorial, imagine a 20 foot tall AR15 with the barrel pointing down with a pair of worn rugged army boots to the side and a soldiers helmet on the top of the gun. It's quite dramatic and we are expecting almost 2000 people to attend the memorials opening tomorrow. I believe I still have the link at the office. It was originally posted on Drudge.

Griz

Old 11-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #29
Matt Haines
Drudge is a great site!

Old 11-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #30
jsrocket
Uranium in Iraq

I think I found the uranium link to which Bob is referring.

Uranium Removed From Iraq Article #6

While it is true that about 1.8 tons of depleted uranium was removed, it was stuff that was left in an old weapons plant that was abandoned in the early 90's. The IAEA, the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency, sealed this plant off then, and guarded it since. Iraq was not trying to use or enrich the poor grade uranium, and the entire international community knew it was there. The UN troops that were guarding it vamoosed after the US invaded, so it was removed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!