Mendela Effect - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

View Poll Results: Does Mickey Mouse wear suspenders?
Yes. 14 48.28%
No. 15 51.72%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
WebSlave
Mendela Effect

Now this is interesting. I am posting a poll and I want you to answer the poll immediately without looking for images or otherwise thinking about it. I'm curious to know your answer.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #2
E.Shell
Yes.

I mean.."C"

Old 03-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
michael.a.wyton
A

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Old 03-10-2017, 07:52 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
answered, then I went to see if I was right lol
What strange things the mind remembers.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
Reptiles 101
I voted no now I have to see if I'm right.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #6
Randall Turner
One of my kids is obsessed with the Mandela Effect. I will occasionally say silly things during dinner that is obviously inaccurate and argue that it is true and usually end with "well it must be the (insert weird celebrity name here) effect" and proceed to describe what the Mandela Effect is like nobody at the table has a clue what it is. Usually get an eye roll and laughter.

Oh, and I voted no.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #7
WebSlave
Yeah, memory can be a funny thing, and the older I get the funnier (in a gallows humor sort of way) it gets. For instance, I would have bet money that we have bought Jiffy brand peanut butter in the past.

http://mandelaeffect.com/jif-or-jiffy-peanut-butter/

And I would also have bet money that in the Forrest Gump movie that the phrase was "Life is like a box of chocolates." Connie and I have watched that movie several times and said that quote between us MANY times in various situations. But guess what?

http://mandelaeffect.com/forrest-gump-life-is-like/

The problem with losing your memory is that you can't even remember what it is you might have forgotten.

I've heard people say "That guy has forgotten more than I will ever know." I used to think that was a compliment, but now I'm not so sure.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #8
WebSlave
Oh, and about the Mickey Mouse poll. I would have sworn that Micky wore suspenders. Matter of fact, Connie walked into the den after I had been reading that, and I asked her about the suspenders. She immediately said "yes" that Mickey did wear them. When I showed her all the pictures I could find on Google of Mickey Mouse, and NONE of them had suspenders, she looked flabbergasted. She thinks this is all just a bad memory thing, but I have to admit that it IS interesting that so many people can have the wrong memory about certain things.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:14 AM   #9
WebSlave
This really makes my brain hurt. I remember some things as the "before" and others as the "after".....

Old 03-17-2017, 02:54 AM   #10
VinnyButch
Donald Duck wears suspenders

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!