Fauna TOS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
Mustangrde1
Fauna TOS

Rich.
I was recently reading a thread in HELL that started me thinking and searching. I have not seen a clear TOS for members to abide by. Ken told a member that “FULL name is required in HELL” “as an unspoken rule.” I have also seen several members given points or admonished for different things and their response was “ I did not know.” My questions are

(1)Is there someplace that has the TOS so all can read it? I did a search for Terms of Service and TOS and neither came up with the TOS for faunaclassifieds.

(2)If there is not one can you make one and put it up in such a way so all people can easily find it, say on the top of the page buttons and just call it TOS?

I think it might aid in cutting down some of the warning points and perhaps help you and your moderators as well as the general members to see something of this nature.

This is the only rules I could find that members see when registering.
Forum Rules

Quote:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of FaunaClassifieds Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of FaunaClassifieds Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of FaunaClassifieds Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Unless someone actually goes in to the BOI they will not see many of the other rules or explanations of infractions or points.
The BOI Forum appears to be the only place I could locate anything related to a TOS for posting on Fauna that spells out the rules for the site. Yet it is more to the BOI and not Forum wide. If a New member is given warning points for something or told they must do something how are they to know what the rules or TOS is if there is not a clear cut TOS forum wide.

Thanks for your time Scott

Old 01-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
MR_Jungle_Mist
Scott-

On the Board of Inquiry the sticky labeled Rules for Posting on the BOI <-- REQUIRED READING!! does pretty much go through the dos and don'ts of not only the BOI itself but of the entire site. The points system explanation is pretty detailed but I agree that the 'unwritten' rules should be written. Unfortunately, at times, you only stumble upon a new rule that you wished you had put into effect after you need it! I think this is the case in the thread you mentioned.

I'm of the type that feels if you are going to be making statements that you wouldn't even dare make in person in a face-to-face situation, you shouldn't be making them here either. If you do, be (wo)man enough to put your name to it and not hide behind anonimity. Again, such was the case in the HELL forum.

But, like I said, you bring up a good point. Have a look in the Suggestion Box forum and add your two cents in.

Old 01-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #3
robin d.
i think a general TOS needs to be written up and easily acessable as well.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:25 AM   #4
WebSlave
Are you volunteering for that task, Robin.

Old 01-07-2005, 02:19 AM   #5
robin d.
dude if you want me to write it i will LOL i can just see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL and ohhhhhhhhhh the typos
but really i will if you want, you just make the link for it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!