Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #81
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
To me the first quote says: we got the snake and then while putting it on display we noticed the snake
should be mites

Old 03-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #82
Snakesatsunset
Wendy, thats the biggest croc of blank I have ever heard, lol. Be realistic, wow.
And it IS a fast food business, we are constantly selling feeders ALL DAY. Over 75 mice a day alone. Thats not counting pinks, fuzz, hoppers, or jumbo mice. Nor rats. Our business is 85% feeders,and we have people who actually drive up to the back to get their order "to go" as we like have fun with it. We have people very much always in a hurry.
WE HAD NOWHERE TO PUT A MITE INFESTED SNAKE except in that display enclosure till it was taken care of. That so hard to understand? There was a snake previously in it, oh no!
It was in there no more then a few hours. Was treated while in it, hell that snake is not even the store anymore!
Is this concept hard to understand?
We did not want to mix the snake with others. The back has over 500 snakes. The front about 50. There was no option to put im anywhere except outside in the cold weather. You do not know our layout for the store. The option we used we stand behind, as it was safest for us, and our store in terms of not spreading anything.
Simple as that, people are starting to get antsy and accusing us of bad husbandry, bad animals, etc when local REPTILE vets call asking for opinions or recomending us. This is turning into a who knows more,who can find what, type of discussion and not about the OP false lies.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #83
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
NO John, that not they way I read it. To me the first quote says: we got the snake and then while putting it on display we noticed the snake and the second quote says: the snake came in a bag and we noticed mites on in before we put it up and because of this we segregated it. One speaks to noticing mites on a snake while putting it on display, the second speaks to putting a snake that you have already noticed mites on display. Two very different things.

Make sure you understand the point I am trying to make before trying to blast it.
Anyone else reading this the way Kyle is? The jist of both quotes is that mites were noticed and the animal was put in a segregated cage. Unless i am missing some subtle nuance i stand by my first statement Kyle.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #84
Snakesatsunset

Old 03-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #85
Snakesatsunset
Please excuse the water spots and treatment residue. Looks its a big bad shed!

Old 03-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #86
deborahbroadus
In my opinion, Sunset has stated their case logically and I can not find a flaw in their treatment of the situation given the circumstances.

I'm out!

Old 03-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #87
Andrews Arboreals
seriously, the op looks far worse imo ( especially given that other forum link ). as far as closing down the store for that??? GET THE F(*@ OUT!!!!!!! thats about the stupidest more moronic thing you could do while tryin to run a business. and for those who keep harping about mites spreading, the stuff he said they spray with would pretty much kill a cricket instantly, so im sure that the mites would die from the vapor and fumes before they even got onto the floor to go infest another snake. gg, grow the f&$@ up already.

op is way way way shadier by far. you people should be more worried about her

Old 03-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #88
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
Wendy, thats the biggest croc of blank I have ever heard, lol. Be realistic, wow.
And it IS a fast food business, we are constantly selling feeders ALL DAY. Over 75 mice a day alone. Thats not counting pinks, fuzz, hoppers, or jumbo mice. Nor rats. Our business is 85% feeders,and we have people who actually drive up to the back to get their order "to go" as we like have fun with it. We have people very much always in a hurry.
WE HAD NOWHERE TO PUT A MITE INFESTED SNAKE except in that display enclosure till it was taken care of. That so hard to understand? There was a snake previously in it, oh no!
It was in there no more then a few hours. Was treated while in it, hell that snake is not even the store anymore!
Is this concept hard to understand?
We did not want to mix the snake with others. The back has over 500 snakes. The front about 50. There was no option to put im anywhere except outside in the cold weather. You do not know our layout for the store. The option we used we stand behind, as it was safest for us, and our store in terms of not spreading anything.
Simple as that, people are starting to get antsy and accusing us of bad husbandry, bad animals, etc when local REPTILE vets call asking for opinions or recomending us. This is turning into a who knows more,who can find what, type of discussion and not about the OP false lies.
so you sold the snake already? a little to soon don't you think? in 2 days it went from "not for sale" to being sold?

Old 03-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #89
Snakeman1
Mike, quit responding to these people! They have nothing better to do than sit here and keep on gossip about you. Don't even respond to their stupid, snide remarks.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #90
Imperial Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
so you sold the snake already? a little to soon don't you think? in 2 days it went from "not for sale" to being sold?
Where did you read that he sold the snake? Honestly...that was a stupid and pointless question.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!