Dating tips?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
Sybella
Dating tips??

For those of us who are into reptiles, we all know how hard it is to meet someone that doesn't run away when you say the word "snake." I know we have a few married or coupled folk that peruse this forum so how about giving the rest of the single herpers some advice??

How did you find your mate?

What are some dos and not dos?

Old 07-14-2004, 06:28 AM   #2
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
we all know how hard it is to meet someone that doesn't run away when you say the word "snake."
I know That feeling.... lol..I would love to meet someone that wants me and my snakes. As my collection grows the numbers dwindle. dont get me wrong sex isnt a problem(58 Panhead takes care of that Lol) .. but companionship is Maybe some day Ill find someone that wants a good man and his large family

Old 07-14-2004, 04:21 PM   #3
Sybella
You're not kidding!! About a month ago, some guy picked me up in the grocery store parking lot...he said, "Are you single?" I countered with, "Yes. Do you like snakes?" I just don't mess around when it comes to the important stuff. LOL!

Old 07-14-2004, 04:50 PM   #4
Bill_Leverton
Lol.....I just tell them every room in my house is ok to be in " but That Room ( Reptiles) is off limits and they say stuff like " Oh you cant start off a relation ship if your trying to hide things ..my response is Im just trying to stop you from going off into the night "Screaming"...Then they say ..What are you an Ax Murderer No thats where I keep my babies ....then its Oh I love Babies....LOL.. and I open the door and say "I told you so"....If only my babies could talk my life would be some what complete....

Old 07-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #5
Sybella
LOL!!! It sounds like you've endured that scenario a number of times.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:03 PM   #6
Bill_Leverton
Yes quite a few ....LOL But the way I see it its their loss some people just dont know how "We Are" it takes alot of care and compassion to care for our babies and they will never know the real us...they should just get over their fears and try to care or love us for who we are....they might be surprised whats really there

Old 07-15-2004, 01:01 AM   #7
Sybella
That's a really good point...We're educated in multiple areas because we learn everything we can about the reptile, as well as the care and breeding of their food. We're mothers, doctors and scientists. We're compassionate and enthusiastic. We are able to (and will, eagerly) teach anyone else about our wildlife. There's so many facets to us herpers.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:28 AM   #8
riverjop
aw............ seybella you can come up to Idaho any time.....and bring your snakes!

Old 07-15-2004, 03:08 AM   #9
Sybella
LOL!! If I'm ever that way, I'll look you up. And, of course I'd bring my snakes...they are part of the package deal.

Old 07-15-2004, 08:14 AM   #10
sirenofthestorm
well speaking for someone who's dating... I've got pets that the boyfriend doesn't like, and he's got an evil kitten I wouldn't mind feeding to a burm, so we each tolerate the other's flaws LOL.

The guy I was seeing before that didn't like the snakes, but he was ok as long as he didn't have to look at em; and the guy before that had a sizeable colubrid collection, whereas I prefer boids, but I met him in a reptile chat room hehe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!