James Church, Bad Guy - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:40 PM   #31
ccpoisonivy
Not that my $.02 are needed here, but I followed this thread from the beginning on the Canopy. Jessica seemed like she was just concerned about the animal, not about the money. In the beginning she didn't ask for a refund, only for information about the parents to decide what she should do. She actually asked for advice on the Canopy so she didn't cause a "stink" and could handle this in a smooth manner. Personally, I know if I got a substandard animal and the owner didn't even notice an abnormality on one of his "favorites" as obvious as that one is, I would want to keep the animal and give it a better home as a pet. That said, I believe a full refund for Jessica and you getting the snake back isn't the only way to correct this deal, especially since she has bonded with the animal over this time. This snake isn't breedable, and therefore it's monetary value goes down. Send her a partial refund and let her keep the snake. What would you do with it anyway? Judging from what you have said yourself, you obviously have no time for "pets" and you surely wouldn't breed her after this...

Old 12-21-2004, 04:21 PM   #32
cyberfrog
OMG, I am so sorry Allen! You are absolutely correct, you were not even there, nor have I ever heard you guys say anything like that before. I cannot apologize enough. I do realize now who it was actually, although I think I have made quitre an a$$ of myself already due falsely stating it was Reptile Kingdom. So I'll let it drop now. again Allen, I am sorry, and I apologize for any BS this may cause you. I wrote the post in a hurry a typed the wrong name in there. It just infuriates me that all people care about is the money. No one cares about the deformed snakes or the bad image said deformed snakes give off. I will, however, certainly not name someone for a crappy deed such as this without taking my time to remember exactly who it was.
Adam Wolford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileKIngdom
In a recent post in this thread, this was a statement made by a user.
__________________________________________________ _______________
This Boa stuff is rediculous. I have heard at least 3 or 4 "respected" breeders/brokers say that "Sure the one eyed Albino is a great deal for $700, and you can certainly breed them without any ill effects!" The last one of which was Reptile Kingdom at MARS. I was looking at their scarred and dehydrated GTP's when I heard this told to a woman and her daughter who were looking at a one eyed Albino. When I brought up that they shouldn't be bred, he again reinforced his original point that they can be bred with no problem, to which I shook my head and walked away
__________________________________________________ _______________

I am not sure what company you overheard this at, but it was not Reptile Kingdom. We did not set up at the MARS show and we have never been a vendor at this show. Everyone that knows me is aware that I do not advocate breeding snakes which were born with one eye. Missing eyes are a common malformation which is directly related to genetics and this animal should not be used as a potential breeder. Also, when I have green tree pythons available, they are 9 times out of 10 captive bred and not dehydrated or scarred. We sell only top quality animals and give our customers good information. I just felt this needed to be clarified since my company was brought into this thread for no reason.

Old 12-22-2004, 01:18 AM   #33
DaveyFig
How much money was spent on this snake's vet visits to find the cause of the deformities before James agreed that maybe he was at fault and offered a refund? I seem to remember on the canopy thread it being mentioned that he said it must have happened during shipping, and at that time made no offers for a refund. Only after it was proven that this snake had the condition for a very long time, and probably its whole life was a refund even brought up. Why do you have to prove something like that to a person who has seen it its whole life? Was he just hoping that veterinary science would slip and call it an accident?
Does the refund include shipping both ways, and the cost of the vet bills that were necessary to show that this didnt happen during shipping? If not, I would have said no to the offer too.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:56 AM   #34
ssscales
James Church/JChurch/Bahreptiles

I might be the most trusting or dumbest person on the planet. After researching the web for a few days and countless PM's from others in the hobby advising me not to buy from James Church. I went ahead and purchased a Hypo Boa from Bahreptiles (James Church) last Friday.

The transaction as of yesterday: Last week James provided pictures of the snake that most of us may have seen on some of Bahreptiles threads in most of the forums. We emailed daily as he provided me with lots of information before I decided to make the purchase. I trusted James and on Friday I made a paypal payment in the full amount to bcrosby@carolina.rr.com. He confirmed payment receipt within the hour.

James was going to ship the snake UPS NDA on Monday for a Tuesday delivery.

On Sunday James emailed advising me that the temps were going to be very cold and that we should reschedule pick up for Tuesday, he left it up to me...I agreed. I appreciated his concern for the snake. The snakes health being my primary concern as well.

James emailed me on Monday morning with a tracking number for a Tuesday pick up UPS NDA. I just tracked the package and it should arrive this afternoon.

I'll post pics of the snake and add more comments as soon as I receive it. So far, I have no complaints in dealing with James. Will my opinion change in a few hours...stay tuned!

Old 12-22-2004, 12:22 PM   #35
ssscales
James Church

Well, here is my experience with James:

This is the snake he had for sale and was representing:

This is the snake I receieved one hour ago:

Being honest, the only thing I was a bit disappointed in was the packaging and the fact that there was no heat pack included to keep the snake warm.

Overall, I am satisfied with the service and quality of animal I received from James during this transaction. I can only speak to my experience and the particular snake I purchased and received from James.

Old 12-22-2004, 12:38 PM   #36
DavidBeard
Angry

He shipped a snake in December without a heat pack?

Old 12-22-2004, 12:42 PM   #37
LOSTNCONFUSED
Just 1 Question

Is that how the snake was shipped to you exactly how it was photographed by you, no bag or deli cup? also i dont know about others but not haveing a heat pack in the dead of winter with a cold snap hitting the country is enough to turn any deal( even one that was well represented an had good customer service) in to a bad one in my book. that dosent show any concern for the animals well being or for the customer just one more reason why james wont be seeing any of my money

Old 12-22-2004, 12:47 PM   #38
LOSTNCONFUSED
and.....

i just noticed thats not even an insulated box !!!! your lucky that animal arrived alive. i would also keep a real close eye on it in case it developes r i and listen carefully for wheezing in case its lower r i and james you should be ashamed of your self someone should stuff you in a box in the dead of winter and ship ur ass see how you make out!!!

Old 12-22-2004, 02:41 PM   #39
ssscales
I've tried sending emails to James directly, but I keep getting back an error message. Mailbox temporarily disabled: bahreptiles@carolina.rr.com' error.

It arrived as shown in the picture. A small box stuffed with newspaper in a larger box. That is correct, he was shipped as is with no bag, no heat pad.

Like I said, I was disappointed in the packing, but thankful it was what I wanted and it got here safe. I'll keep an eye on it and try to feed him on Sunday. He seems healthy and in good overall conditions. I gave him a good check up and probing.

My only suggestion to James is to take the time and spend the extra couple bucks to ensure the animals safety.

Old 12-22-2004, 02:50 PM   #40
ssscales
In James defense, I did agree to the snake being shipped without an insulated box. I did assume it would come in a cloth bag and include a heat pack.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!