Greatest 48 hours - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2004, 06:23 PM   #1
lostkauze
Greatest 48 hours

Well, yesterday I got 7 beautiful babies from Robin Struck (r2reptiles.com). I was very happy, no offence, but that is so belitted now.

Today I went to check the incubator, and to my amazement i see 2 pairs of little eyes staring at me! I wasn't expecting these for another week.

They are my first hatchlings ever and I am super excited. I got hissed at and everything! Oh man am I excited, I can't think, or breath, or remeber.

Who wants to breif me on hatchling care real quick? lol cant remember. Unfortunately I don't know when they hatched. The last time I can remember me checking the incubator was sunday afternoon, so they hatched monday or tuesday. I'll get pics up and running soon. Man I'm excited!!!

I got heat pads yesterday too, and my mealworm breeding project has the perfect sized mealworms for the new babies... i think. Its been a great two day, but unfortunately I'm going away for the weekend and leaving my parents in charge. I finally know the joy of being a parent.

Michael

Old 04-28-2004, 08:55 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
Congratulations!!!

Hey, Michael... that's fantastic!!! I still remember the very first clutch I had hatch, and I was so ecstatic I cried! As a matter of fact, I still have one of them and she'll be 9 years old this August.

Just keep the babies on paper towel, give them a small hide and very small water 'bowl', keep them warm, and watch them grow! They should shed in a few days, so keep an eye on them for any adhered skin, and then they'll be ready to eat little 2-week old crix or x-small mealies. Be sure to take pictures!!!

Old 04-29-2004, 12:50 AM   #3
robin d.
CONGRATS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep them very similar like a wrote... like marcia said keep an eye out for stuck sheds, mist them like two or three times a week... wait til they shed and poop you usually dont see em shed but you will see a small "poop cork" then offer them about 3-4 mealies.. sometimes you dont know if they are eating just wait for the poop... i feed mine every other day but it all really depends on you and your geckos. keep them warm with lots of hide and just a soda bottle cap full of water or even a cleaned plastic milk cap lid and for a feeding bowl you can use a lid from a deli cup.. a shallow jar lid but something nice and low
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!