bills boas in saint petersburg fl - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-21-2004, 06:59 PM   #1
dhserps
bills boas in saint petersburg fl

i bought i 100% het for albino from this guy at FIRE and have tried numerous times to contact him regarding paperwork he finally returned my call after a week stating hes been busy lol this joker lives 45 minutes from me so i mean if it meant that much to me i could just go to his house but thats not the point i paid i shouldnt have to hunt down what is owed to me hes busy me to i go to school fulltime take care of my family working fulltime and find time for my reptiles and customers so this guy said he could nt find paperwork on my snake then i could swap it out for one of the ones on his website he would be by on sunday so still no word from him after several phone calls so i just sold the snake as a normal i dont have time to raise this so called het then breed to one of my fm albinos then get hets then i would be pissed so ill just take the loss and know not to do buissnees with this guy i paid 125 for snake ssold for 65 as normal so 60 bucks isnt worth me going nuts about but just wanted everyone to be aware of this dude who knows maybe snkae was 100 het but im not taking the chance i know as buissness person id justwouldnt take that long to get anything so simple done i have found out ussalyy when theres delays in payments or recieving goods theres something wrong 90% percent of the time thanks

Daniel Haney

Old 07-21-2004, 10:50 PM   #2
dhserps
Stop! bills boa

this is the same guy billsboas.com i think hes a crook

Old 07-21-2004, 11:00 PM   #3
gila7150
The guy you sold it to got an awesome deal on a 100% het. I've met Bill a few times and we have a mutual friend. He is not a crook and his animals are legit. (In fact I think I was talking to Bill when you bought your snake).
I'm sorry to hear that there was a delay in him getting you your paperwork but it's only been 10 days since the show.

Damn, I'm not even into boas but I would have bought your 100% het for $65.

Old 07-21-2004, 11:33 PM   #4
dhserps
oh well

im not wastin a normal on one of my albinos the chance isnt worth it when theres plenty of reputable breeders who have them for 150 so if my loss someone elses gain im willing to take that chance a litter full of het for albino will do me no good at this time when i can always just breed it to my hypos and get hets that away im picking up more albinos soon anyway

Old 07-22-2004, 10:05 PM   #5
DavidYoung
Thumbs up

I understand your concern.

I have known Bill for sometime now and I will say all of his animals are top notch. I was goinng to call him today and let him know this converstaion was happening on the BOI, but I didnt get a hold of him, probably because of his work schedule. Bill is a very busy individual, he works more than full time from my understanding and he keeps a very LARGE amount of reptiles. As far as answering emails and what not I know he dosent get online very often. He is a straight shooter as far as his animals go I know for a fact he does not RIP anyone OFF. As a friend of his who lives TWO MINUTES from him I am sorry you sold your het as he had some amazing looking albinos produced this year. If Bill sold it to you as a het I will put my word behind the fact that you would have produced albinos by breeding it to an albino female. I am sorry you jumped to this conclusion and wish you the best of luck in your breeding in the years to come.

Old 07-22-2004, 10:08 PM   #6
DavidYoung
*conversation......sorry*

Old 07-22-2004, 11:13 PM   #7
bytheshore1
i was with dan when he purchased this snake. the seller said he would provide paperwork right away. not 10 days or more later. i dont doubt that his snakes or good but he should have kept his word. promises are easy to give out when you are trying to make a sale but keeping them is part of the deal as well. at least with this deal it was. just my opinion from what i observed and heard.

tim manucy

Old 07-22-2004, 11:53 PM   #8
DavidYoung
Lightbulb

I have a question for everyone asking for paperwork. I have worked with a good amount of hets from a huge number of different breeders. I am not attempting to start a fight but what is paperwork on hets? The only thing a piece of paper can say is that the animal you purchased is a het. And that piece of paper is only as good as the person who wrote/or typed it up. I read the classifieds all the time and see "paperwork included", to me paperwork is a reciept and is all I have received from the breeders in the past....Bob Clark included. I dont see how paper is going to say anything different. And the only way to prove it is a het is breeding it to a homozygous or het of its trait. If it is a resale then I take it at face value, I have never purchased from a reseller and I dont plan to because a het looks exactly like a normal and in this business too many people are out to make the pockets fatter woithout the leg work of breeding. TO MY KNOWLEDGE THERE IS NOT A GENETICS FACILITY TESTING FOR 100% HETEROZYGOUS OF ANY GENE IN SNAKES. If anyone has knowledge of any facility please tell me, I am looking for a partner in breeding leucistic dwarf retics!!!! I am not questioning the fact that you have not received your RECEIPT from Bill and I apologize for my friends lack of paying attention to detail. But the fact that a receipt is reffered to as paperwork on proving genetics is going to lead alot of newbies in the business to failure. The bottom line is TRUST THE BREEDER, IF YOU DONT THAN DONT BUY. I trust Bill and will give my word that you just sold a 100% het for a steal. Please give the buyer my congrats.....David Young

Old 07-23-2004, 12:32 AM   #9
dhserps
not holding your word says a alot

not holding your word says alot im not taking the chance when he couldt evev respond dont tell me about busy im a full time Computer Information Systems student work fulltime and have a daughter i bet he would not have been to busy to put a snake in the mail for$ but could not hold his word im not wooried about the so called het its gone i dont have to worry yes Tim you were with me and heard it would be right away and a man is only as good as his word and in mybook his word hols water like a cracked aquarium

Old 07-23-2004, 07:16 AM   #10
Mesa
So why did you not call Bill if it was urgent that you got your receipt?

I occasionally do work for Bill, I've taken all the pictures he's used in his ads, and put together most of his ads for him. About a week and a half ago, Bill asked me to make a picture receipt of Het Male #21, which would be the snake you bought. By chance, I did not have a picture of that snake, so no receipt was created. My guess would be that he was holding off until I was certain that I did not have a picture of the snake.

Why he did not contact you is unknown to me. He's a busy person... I haven't even been able to get a hold of him in the past couple days. I have copies of the both the emails you sent to him at Bill@billsboas.com and none of them made it seem urgent that you needed your "documentation". The reason he offered a different het was because we couldn't find a picture to confirm the identity of het 21, though I am confident myself that snake was from the litter of hets.

I'm sorry you jumped the gun and sold your perfectly good het for $65, but that was your own decision and only reflects upon you. I have a pair of snakes from the same litter, and I'll bet you their entire first litter that they're hets...

I wish you luck in your snake breeding... I hope you can find a snake you can be confident in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!