In the Interest of Science - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Just For Laughs

Notices

Just For Laughs The SOLE purpose of this forum is to put a smile on the face of a person reading the messages. Anything of a SERIOUS nature will either be deleted or moved out of here.

Old 05-20-2003, 09:42 AM   #1
jenn_jeffery
In the Interest of Science

One of my husbands co-workers sent this out....

Ok, this isn't my proudest moment, but I've been encouraged to share this with you guys....in the interest of science...

So, Laura and I are sitting in bed the other morning and the Carbon Monoxide detector in the other room starts going off. (We haven't mounted them, but have them laying around the house and move them about)

Now, we have one by our bed, but that one isn't going off at all.

Laura gets up, and the one in the other room is reading 32 ppm (alerts at 5-10 ppm). The bedroom still is reading "0".

It's 32, but falling fast back towards "0".

Then she observes that Boots, our cat, is curled up next to it, and his butt is leaning on the detector. Best we can figure is he broke wind,
and it set off the CO detector!

Of course, I'm laughing so hard I can't see straight at this point.

This does require the necessary Scientific Proof. So, last night, I grabbed the one by the edge of the bed, put it under the covers, and proceeded to give it the Full Monty.

Now, these detectors have a digital readout that runs from 5-150 ppm. Above 150, it simply says "Hi", meaning "offscale."

It was offscale and beeping for 10 minutes, even after Laura put it in the windowsill and opened the window! She wasn't pleased with me, since she was trying to go to bed.

Me? I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face.

Old 05-20-2003, 11:19 AM   #2
Glenn Bartley
Now I know how to test my CO Alarms!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!