Kevin Smith - oreganus@hotmail - Page 29 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:10 PM   #281
SPJ
Any snake you have after Jan 1st cannot be sold or traded if you live in NY. You either apply for the permit and keep it until it dies or surrender it to animal control. You are not allowed to buy any additional animals listed in the ban and you cannot breed any of the banned animals even if you have a permit to keep them. Once the ban goes into effect a person from NY will not be able to sell the snake to someone in NJ or CT unless they want to violate the law and risk losing all their animals.
Since the law allows for random unnanounced visits, you could possibly be nailed for selling one of the snakes.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:11 PM   #282
The BoidSmith
Gregg, explain to me how...

How do you propose to move the cobra from NY when:

Quote:
21 9. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, ANY PERSON WHO KNOWING-
22 LY BREEDS A WILD ANIMAL OR KNOWINGLY POSSESSES, OWNS, HARBORS, SELLS,
23 BARTERS, TRANSFERS, EXCHANGES, OR IMPORTS A WILD ANIMAL FOR USE AS A PET

24 IN VIOLATION OF THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE
25 PENALTY OF NOT MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR THE FIRST OFFENSE AND
26 NOT MORE THAN ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT OFFENSES.
27 EACH INSTANCE OF BREEDING, OWNING, HARBORING, SALE, BARTER, TRANSFER,
28 EXCHANGE, OR IMPORT OF A WILD ANIMAL IN VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION SHALL
29 CONSTITUTE A SEPARATE OFFENSE.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:47 PM   #283
John316
Wrong again Gregg M.
I think the previous post sums up quite nicely why the animal would have to be kept.
As I said before, perhaps you should brush up on the old reading skills before suggesting others might have a problem with their comprehension.
Bye Bye
Cynthia

Old 11-22-2004, 09:15 PM   #284
Mustangrde1
Interesting debating on that law can or is there a thread on it already? I would love to talk more about it but this thread is more about Illegally shipping and recieving a King Cobra.

Old 11-22-2004, 09:51 PM   #285
Gregg M
Dan What are you posting???? What does that quote have to do with anything???? It is not illegal to own venomous in NY if you paperwork is in order...... You can not breed or replace them but you can get rid of it...... You are not allowed to sell or trade it ***IN*** New York....... The law as far as I read it does not say it can not be sold or traded outside of the state..... Quote where it says this.... And how can you loose animals you sold???? Like I said learn how to read the law...... This law is spacific for NY..... It has nothing to do with other surrounding states..... Youn are allowed to transport venomous as long as you are permitted.... It states so on the actual permit...... Again know what you speak of before you speak......

Old 11-22-2004, 10:10 PM   #286
COBRAMAN
For my own info, has this bill in fact been signed? When is it in effect? and does anyone know where I can find factual info on it?

Old 11-22-2004, 11:06 PM   #287
The BoidSmith
Gregg,....you are right...and I'm wrong. Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2004, 05:19 AM   #288
Gregg M
Hey Ray, It was infact signed in the begining of this month..... Goes into effect at the start of the new year.....

Old 11-23-2004, 06:40 AM   #289
Madd Season Morphs
sorry to butt in

im pretty sure its illegal in Oregon to BUY/SELL/TRADE venomous animals....

ive got a buddy who brought a cobra into his pet shop...in a mall Loyd Center...dropped the package the snake was in, snake got loose, animal control showed up fined him,made him move his store...told my buddy Twin is his name never screw around again or the would shut him down...

i also have a few friends that work for ups..and they are currently reading all posts about this Kevin dude...so i guess you can consider yourself on the Hotlist with Ups..dude..

my name is Isaac Fields...i Live in Scappoose OREGON.....50366 COLUMBIA RIVER HWY..

DONT WANT YOU THINKIN IM NOT man ENOUPH to give you my name and address.....

oh and dude i will come to your house or place of buisness dude....and ill personnelly check out everything for you.....then reply hear again in your behalf.....

Step up DUDE!

Old 11-23-2004, 06:51 AM   #290
Madd Season Morphs
wow

sorry for my last post i missed a coupl pages, jumping back and forth threw all of Kevins fan mail...

Dude your an ass!I garantee you will never ship UPS again....

OH ya! my dads best freind works for the fish and Game-out on Saulvies Island...Guess what ill be showing hm this page.AND THE 30 OTHERS......lol......

and the District attourney isnt gonna like this to much either! I know her pretty well! sent me to prison for 4 years......THEFT...I WAS A SCUM JUST LIKE YOU....... well not that bad i didnt try killing people with my assanine stunts......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!