How do I know who to trust? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
mike_luther
How do I know who to trust?

I would love to buy from some people on this site. However, how would I know who to trust. Is there any way not to get burned? I've never bought on-line before and it seems like risky business.
By the way I'm looking for Rosy-boas.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Shadera
Do a search for their name on the Board of Inquiry forum here, and see if anyone else has had deals, good or bad, with them.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
mike_luther
Ahhhh makes sense. I really appreciate the info, and I'm really look foward to making some good purchases in the future.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Yes, and if you don't find the information, inquire. Also, I am sending you a private message.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payara View Post
This thread has some interesting opinions about red flags. Some I agree with some I disagree with. For me it comes down to "does anything not feel right about this deal?" Sometimes you just get the wrong vibe about a person. Maybe it was something they said, or didn't say. Maybe something else just wasn't adding up. For example: I had a person tell me that they would insure a shipment with UPS. Deal was off because I KNEW that you cannot do this.

But as has been said already BOI search for their name, e-mail address, business name, username, anything else that is identifiable. If nothing turns up create a BOI inquiry with all of this information. If they have sold before, there is a good chance someone can give you information about them.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
chamgirl99471
Another thing, and I know this doesn't apply to all.. If the user you are thinking of buying from has a trader rating then take a look at it... all you have to do is click the number next to the trader rating!! I know that not everyone who has sold on here has one because only contributing members are able to give a trader rating but the BOI is by far one of the best tools in this industry

Old 04-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
tinmantribe5
In the end after all the research it all comes down to Intuition,faith,and some times Karma swinging one way or the other....." Listen to your gut feelings"

Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
mike_luther
Thanks for all the great responses. I do feel more comfortable now. But one question, what is the BOI. How do I find it?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_luther View Post
Thanks for all the great responses. I do feel more comfortable now. But one question, what is the BOI. How do I find it?

Here it is!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!