Shipping errors, by carrier - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
StrictlyExotics
Shipping errors, by carrier

So.. I shipped out two snakes yesterday, 3.31.10. They were both through SYR.com. The little package arrived safe and sound while the larger package is completely lost in transit. I have spoken with Walt at SYR.com and he is doing everything he can to loacate the package through UPS preferred customer service. UPS has called me to let me know that it is nowhere in the main HUB in OKC.

Has anyone ever had issues with the carriers and if so, please post your experiences.

Thanks,

Old 04-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
garweft
It's rare but does happen. My last frozen rodent order was in 2 boxes, 1 of which got delayed at a main hub. It arrived the day after the original box so no harm done. It doesn't matter who you use it can and does happen with them all.

Ask Walt when you get a chance if UPS is going to refund the shipping costs. Other than that keep your fingers crossed they find it quick and it gets there tomorrow. Temps are nice so as long as the box wasn't damaged it should be fine. Your living my nightmare buddy and I feel for you. It's hard enough getting sleep when packages are in route for me, I can't imagine you'll get much tonight.

If you don't mind me asking, what is in said package?

Old 04-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
It's rare but does happen. My last frozen rodent order was in 2 boxes, 1 of which got delayed at a main hub. It arrived the day after the original box so no harm done. It doesn't matter who you use it can and does happen with them all.

Ask Walt when you get a chance if UPS is going to refund the shipping costs. Other than that keep your fingers crossed they find it quick and it gets there tomorrow. Temps are nice so as long as the box wasn't damaged it should be fine. Your living my nightmare buddy and I feel for you. It's hard enough getting sleep when packages are in route for me, I can't imagine you'll get much tonight.

If you don't mind me asking, what is in said package?
I normally have a hard time sleeping with "snakes in the wind". I didnt get much sleep last with the packages out there but its going to be a lot worse tonight.

As for what was in the box... He is my old breeder 06 Male Albino Boa that I had since he was a baby. I was reluctant to give him up but did because I figured he was going to go to a nice home. I almost feel like I sentenced him to death right now and its killing me.

I REALLY hope that they locate him by tomorrow so I can stop stressing out. If they dont find him tomorrow, I dont know how he will survive the weekend. They dont even have a clue as to where he is at.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
deborahbroadus
It may happen one day, but so far, I have had no problems on my end with FedEx (knocking on wood....knocking again) .

However, I have had an animal that was shipped to me, not delivered and the delivery guy lied and said he left it with the front desk (we have no front desk). That package was through UPS from NERD. With a little tracking work, we tracked down said delivery guy and had him re-deliver (whadda ya know...he had it in his truck (nasty fibber!).

Kara kept in communication with me during the whole ordeal, and that helped enormously!

Old 04-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
I normally have a hard time sleeping with "snakes in the wind". I didnt get much sleep last with the packages out there but its going to be a lot worse tonight.

As for what was in the box... He is my old breeder 06 Male Albino Boa that I had since he was a baby. I was reluctant to give him up but did because I figured he was going to go to a nice home. I almost feel like I sentenced him to death right now and its killing me.

I REALLY hope that they locate him by tomorrow so I can stop stressing out. If they dont find him tomorrow, I dont know how he will survive the weekend. They dont even have a clue as to where he is at.
Normally the tracking number is scanned at every stop that it's unloaded at, so they should know. I don't know how they can NOT know unless the box never made it on the truck (Used to work for a shipping company in Norfolk).

Old 04-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
It may happen one day, but so far, I have had no problems on my end with FedEx (knocking on wood....knocking again) .

However, I have had an animal that was shipped to me, not delivered and the delivery guy lied and said he left it with the front desk (we have no front desk). That package was through UPS from NERD. With a little tracking work, we tracked down said delivery guy and had him re-deliver (whadda ya know...he had it in his truck (nasty fibber!).

Kara kept in communication with me during the whole ordeal, and that helped enormously!
I am trying to keep in constant contact with all of the viable parties. I really feel bad for the snake, and the guy I shipped him to. I know he is really stressed out right now too. I would never wish this on anyone.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Normally the tracking number is scanned at every stop that it's unloaded at, so they should know. I don't know how they can NOT know unless the box never made it on the truck (Used to work for a shipping company in Norfolk).
Thats what throws me off too. How does one of the two packages get scanned and make it through the whole entire process and one doesnt get scanned at all. At some point, it has to be scanned.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
garweft
It's always the ones that matter. I hate letting go of my long term animals. Even when you try not to get attached you still do.

It sounds like it's going to someone with experience. If so that's awesome, they will be able to take the right precautions to avoid major problems when he does arrive. Snakes are very resilient so keep your thoughts positive.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #9
Southern Wolf
UPS couldnt find their butt with both hands.

I had a higher end boa coming from CO to AR... It made the usual stop in KY but those dummies couldnt seem to get it on the truck for AR. Both myself and the shipper contacted UPS to no avail. Then some brainiac sent the snake to Miami FL in October with a heat pack in the box.

It spent most the night in Miami and they finally got it routed back to KY then finally to my AR hub where I had them hold it. I was there waiting for them to open the doors the next morning. I opened the box in the parking lot to a beautiful boa... and she was none to happy. She was at least alive and is one of my tamest boas. I couldnt ask for a better snake.... but their service leaves alot to be desired. I wont use SYR for this very reason. I know its not SYR fault.... but I wont use UPS to ship live animals. Too many idiots in the chain.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
UPS couldnt find their butt with both hands.

I had a higher end boa coming from CO to AR... It made the usual stop in KY but those dummies couldnt seem to get it on the truck for AR. Both myself and the shipper contacted UPS to no avail. Then some brainiac sent the snake to Miami FL in October with a heat pack in the box.

It spent most the night in Miami and they finally got it routed back to KY then finally to my AR hub where I had them hold it. I was there waiting for them to open the doors the next morning. I opened the box in the parking lot to a beautiful boa... and she was none to happy. She was at least alive and is one of my tamest boas. I couldnt ask for a better snake.... but their service leaves alot to be desired. I wont use SYR for this very reason. I know its not SYR fault.... but I wont use UPS to ship live animals. Too many idiots in the chain.
Hey Kevin,

did it show on the tracking as being in Miami? As of 530PM, it still shows in the OKC hub. It has shown no moevement since being loaded into the truck as the UPS store here in Norman while the other package I sent out has been received safe and sound. Also, how long did that process take. I am really stressed out because if it doesnt show up tomorrow, there will be nothing until Monday.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex, ups