BEWARE! The Shell Shop of Central Florida shipping practices - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 09:50 AM   #11
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Seamus,

Thanks for the added information. They still should not be shipping frogs in that fashion EVER. I hope they get what they deserve if they do ship them like that. The worst part for whomever purchases then is that person has no recourse as their terms state that Live arrival is only available on shipment sent Airlines. What a rip-off crock of bull.

Old 07-14-2003, 03:50 PM   #12
sputnik
Plain discusting!

Old 07-14-2003, 06:22 PM   #13
Cindy C
Thumbs up shellshop

I'm confused has anyone actually purchased anything from shellshop, or is everyone just complaining to complain? I HAVE and I can say they have always been wonderful to deal with. I have always recieved beautiful healthy animals from them, including 1.1 cuban tree frogs packed lovingly with dry ice. Jordan has also been very kind at returning my calls with any questions I may have after the sales were closed about care of the snakes, tortoises and turtles I have purchased. I hope this helps anyone who has read all this bashing to see this was all just gossip. CC

Old 07-14-2003, 06:31 PM   #14
E2MacPets
I don't understand something either Cindy, could you please explain to me how an email from the company stating they would be "shipping using the cheapest 2-3 day service available" is merely gossip?

Did they ship to you using "the cheapest 2-3 day service available?" or did they use a proper method and do you know for a fact that they always use the proper shipping methods?

Until you answer this you really haven't addressed the "gossip" here and set anyone's mind at rest.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:32 PM   #15
Darin Chappell
Wow! What a coincidence!!!!!!!! Here's a rather small business that has a thread started about its own poor (read that as terrible/abusive/inhumane) shipping practices. THEN another person (a veterinary nurse, no less!) just happens to stumble onto Fauna, looks into this thing called the "BOI," finds that (wonder of all wonders) this one person she knows is being mercilessly bashed (for sending frogs through 2-3 day mail delivery in summer heat!), so she registers and post for the very first time in defense of Jordan!!

Man, that is LUCKY, isn't it?!?!?

By the way, Cindy, you have to actually post using your full name here on the BOI. If you don't, you risk having your post deleted, and that would defeat the lucky turn of events that brought you here to defend Jordan.

Don't get me wrong folks, lightening does strike twice every now and then, and people really do win those big lottery pots . . .I've just never seen it with my own eyes!

Old 07-14-2003, 06:35 PM   #16
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Cindy,

Nobody is complaining to complain. I posted to let some information be known on this company. The practice or suggestion of shipping any live animal second or third day is substandard, ridiculous and borderline criminal. Anyone that would subject any animal to a 2-3 day trip in a box on purpose is just plain awful. Yes it happens from time to time with shipments being misplaced, misrouted, or lost by the carrier but not often and to do it on purpose is almost certain death for the animal. Specially an amphibian. They require moisture all the time otherwise they will dry up and perish. If you received your Cuban Tree Frogs from them in this fashion I am glad that they arrived safe and sound and alive but that is still no excuse to do it all the time for shipping them. This is not gossip in any form nor fashion. This person publicly posted the ad stating that they would ship for those prices. I personally e-mailed inquiring about the shipping method and that is what I was told by the person at The Shell Shop. No Gossip, no made up stories, no lies just posting the facts as they are for everyone to see.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:45 PM   #17
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I noticed that as well Darrin. What a co-ink-e-dink Also what is a Veterinarian Nurse? Are they not called Veterinarian Tecnician's?

Old 07-14-2003, 06:48 PM   #18
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Also I just noticed that she has her full name posted under her handle and under the junior member. I wrote her telling her she needed to post the full name before I saw it there myself.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:52 PM   #19
Cindy C
shellshop

They shipped overnight, this isn't the first time I've been in this web site, It's just the first time I felt the need to register. My full name is in the profile jeez you guys are cut throat....and yes this is gossip. Cindy CARLEY P.S. The spelling of disgusting is this<

Old 07-14-2003, 06:55 PM   #20
Cindy C
The vet clinics of 2000

We are now veterinary nurses. I work for a coporate Veterinary Hospital.......I feel so sucked in

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread