BEWARE! The Shell Shop of Central Florida shipping practices - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 07:06 PM   #21
WebSlave
The addition of the full name underneath the logon name is a VERY NEW addition here. Matter of fact, it was just implemented this morning (07/14/03).

I am recommending that EVERYONE take the time to go to their USER CP and put their full name in this field. Eventually it will become important for future plans here.

Old 07-14-2003, 07:15 PM   #22
Darin Chappell
Well, the TOS states that you have to have your full name on each and every post of the BOI when you are posting for or against someone. Since you say you've been around the BOI longer than just today, one would think that you knew that, because everybody gets told the same thing about a thousand times a day here! (Doesn't anyone read the directions anymore?!?!?)

As to you feeling sucked in . . .Well, I just don't know how to repond to that, because I have no idea to what it is that you are referring.

As to you being a veterinary nurse . . .OK. You all can call yourselves whatever you want, but that still doesn't make the practice of using the cheapest possible 2-3 day shipping option humane does it? As a veterinary professional, do you condone what Jordan said he intended to do by his own words???

Finally, "gossip" is defined by Webster's Dictionary as: "a rumor or report of an intimate nature." Well, it isn't a rumor, because Jordan wrote what he was doing from the very beginning. It is a report, but it is not one of an intimate nature, because, again, Jordan made the intentions public through his ad and his response to the same.

So, I fail to see how this would fit the definition of "gossip" in any way. Just because you do not like the report of Jordans' intentions to ship live animals in the summer heat via the cheapest 2-3 day shipping methods, does not make those intentions any less real. Also, your displeasure of these facts being revealed to those to whom such animals might be shipped is really irrelevant.

I'm glad your deal worked out with Jordan in the past. It sounds as though you were lucky (there's that word again!), or Jordan has changed his practices. Either way, he is now shipping in ways that are inhumane and unethical. Everything else is just ...

Old 07-14-2003, 07:18 PM   #23
Darin Chappell
My sincerest appologies on the name issue, Cindy. I did not see your name under your logon name, and I did not knoe of the new feature of the site. About that issue, I was completely wrong.

Old 07-14-2003, 07:19 PM   #24
Darin Chappell
"knoe" = "know" in the land of crow eaters, in case anyone was wondering!

Old 07-14-2003, 07:26 PM   #25
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Is it standard practice to ship frogs with dry ice? I can't imagine the extreme cold or the CO2 released would be a good thing, but honestly, I don't know much about frogs.

Is Dry Ice standard?

Old 07-14-2003, 07:57 PM   #26
April Homich
This doesn't have a whole lot to do with the topic, but I just had a question for Cindy out of curiousity. Working at a vet myself and applying to vet school this fall, I was never aware that the term "veterinary nurse" is being used in this country at all. I know that right now the AVMA job title is "veterinary technician" and I don't see that changing in the future. All accredited programs that I have seen so far are also under this title. Where did you earn your degree, and in what way(s) does it differ from a tech?

Thanks!
-April Homich

Old 07-14-2003, 08:05 PM   #27
Satyrday Reptiles
Angry

You know... I don't even know where to start...

"Lovingly packed in dry ice?"

HELLO???!!!!

Anything that breathes air packed with dry ice is much more likely suffocate well before even an overnight arrival...

Common sense knocking... anyone home?????

What - this is three pages now....
This is a joke - right???

Oy-vae!!

Look - I don't post often, and haven't the time to 'get involved' but .... what is wrong with you people?

Unconscienable!

Elizabeth Craig

Old 07-14-2003, 08:05 PM   #28
Darin Chappell
My sister is a vet, who owns her own clinic, and she refers to her assistant as a "vet tech." I did a search on the terms "veterinary nurse," and all I got back were references to international sites (mostly in Great Brittain). Beyond that, I have absolutely no clue at all.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:14 PM   #29
sputnik
Quote:
I hope this helps anyone who has read all this bashing to see this was all just gossip. CC
Amazing how some can over look something like these shipping practices and call it gossip..... I guess some like to look the other way!

Either that or they are just plain ignorant.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:19 PM   #30
Petty2000
Thumbs up Shellshop

I just wanted to let everyone know I purchased and Eastern Hognose from a Lonnie at TheShell Shop and I can honestly say the whole transaction from my reading his ad to recieving my snake was a great experience. The snake arrived healthy in an insulated box even though it was in the high 70,s to low 80,s in both places . The animal arrived in one day as promised . I don,t know if this is the same Shellshop but if it is I can only say good things about them. And besides what does it matter if they are called Vet Nurses or Vet Techs they do the job as needed and I didn,t think that was what this post was about .

Thanks Tim Candler

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread