BEWARE! The Shell Shop of Central Florida shipping practices - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 07:45 PM   #51
bpc
Rob, I know you and like you, but you don't follow those practices either. I know you are now a "certified shipper" or whatever you and UPS call it. Translation you are allowed to ship UPS. Which I'm sure you do. The fastest and most humane way to ship would probably be Delta. Because with Delta the animal never sits in the back of a "BIG BROWN OVEN....ERRR I MEAN TRUCK."

Also, as you seem to be the self appointed shipping police (LOL) what the hell is IATA? And if you know that they don't enforce things on the general public, then you must also know that the general public has never heard of them. So why, would they even be considered in this discussion? Not really trying to bust your balls, but cmon. We know all about the shipping practices used by herpers in this country. Snakes aren't supposed to be mailed, but they are everyday. UPS, FEDEX, ETC don't ship reptiles (unless your name is ROB) yet they do every, single day.
Sometimes knowingly.

Here's my contention guys: no harm = no foul.

NO ONE (as yet) has recieved any dead frogs. Yet this post makes this company look bad. This company has had two customers come on and defend them, and one of them has been attacked (I really don't care why, it was still an attack). And Frankly, I think two cubans placed in a deli cup wiht a wet paper towel and then boxed up nicely would make it just fine 9 times out of 10. And realistically speaking, those odds are acceptable with these animals.

And then let's really sit down and think about this for a sec. THEY'RE FREAKING CUBAN TREE FROGS! Would you pay $35-75 to have two frogs worth maybe $5 shipped to you? If so, as I said before, I'd bet these guys would probably make arrangements to ship them anyway you wanted (and were willing to pay for).

Old 07-15-2003, 07:50 PM   #52
BrianB
Re: shellshop

Quote:
Originally posted by Cindy C
I'm confused has anyone actually purchased anything from shellshop, or is everyone just complaining to complain? I HAVE and I can say they have always been wonderful to deal with. I have always recieved beautiful healthy animals from them, including 1.1 cuban tree frogs packed lovingly with dry ice. Jordan has also been very kind at returning my calls with any questions I may have after the sales were closed about care of the snakes, tortoises and turtles I have purchased. I hope this helps anyone who has read all this bashing to see this was all just gossip. CC
Do you know what dry ice is? If you recieved live animals, they definately weren't packed in dry ice. Perhaps if you describe the stuff you're thinking of a bit, it would help clear that point up.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:58 PM   #53
sputnik
Quote:
Snakes aren't supposed to be mailed, but they are everyday. UPS, FEDEX, ETC don't ship reptiles (unless your name is ROB) yet they do every, single day.
Good shippers get permission from the local carriers office to ship snakes, example Ms-terese does.... and her name is not Rob!

Quote:
Also, as you seem to be the self appointed shipping police
Okay, Rob you are now, according to Brain, the self appointed police of shipping. LOL

If that's true then I am glad we have someone with experience to police shipping practices.

I value Rob's opinion on shipping as he ships a lot! Compared to bpc who does not ship.... hummmmmm whose opinion has weight and credibility now?

I think that's an easy question to answer!

Old 07-15-2003, 08:08 PM   #54
bpc
Sputnik, I value his opinion also, especially when it comes to shipping. That's why I appointed him as the shipping police. LOL
However, I sometimes feel the he and others go to far when it comes to prosecuting firms/individuals based upon how they ship. If the animals arrive in good condition then I think there is nothing to complain about. Yes, yes, mailing snakes is illegal. we all know that. But up until 2 weeks ago so was having oral sex with your own wife!

There are tons of laws which make no sense and therefor are either not enforced or selectively enforced.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:16 PM   #55
WebSlave
Stop!

If you all don't have anything further of any substance about the topic of this thread, then keep up the arguing among yourselves and I will be glad to close this down for you.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:18 PM   #56
sputnik
To be honest, it wouldn't bother me if this thread was closed.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:23 PM   #57
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I didn't see the original add

But the veterinary nurse clued us in that she had received

"1.1 cuban tree frogs packed lovingly with dry ice"

Now I am very sure that anyone with a degree in the medical field (and yes, veterinary TECHS usually have at LEAST an A.S. degree, I only bring it up again as she felt it necessary to point out her position indicating her advanced knowledge about animals) so surely she would know what dry ice would do to a frog, (I don’t know anything about frogs and I only have an A.A, but I guessed the CO2 would kill them quick!) so..........

Perhaps we are all confused. Perhaps the Cuban tree frogs are intended as feed for something else, in which case it would make perfect since to pre-kill them and then ship them lovingly packed in dry ice for a 2-3 day trip.

I have no idea WHY she needed a male and a female frog to feed to something else, maybe it's an aesthetic thing?.

Or maybe..........she didn't get them packed in dry ice, or maybe she isn't a vet nurse, or maybe she is just here playing at the BOI and making herself look foolish.

Just guessing

Old 07-15-2003, 08:56 PM   #58
sunbakedherps
just my opinion

Ummmm, guys, For a bunch of animal lovers, you dont seem to mind beating a dead horse! I can't believe I bothered reading this thread all the way through. All relevent issues were discussed in the first 2 pages, the rest was just a waste of rich's space and everyone elses time. thanks for listening to my added babble Corey Kingsbury

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread