ATTN: Shell Shop(No Good) My Story..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #1
Ringneck_Man1
Exclamation ATTN: Shell Shop(No Good) My Story.....

Ok,

Like 2 weeks ago I saw an ad on kingsnake.com, amel cali king hatchlings for $20, best price I've ever seen on them, so I contacted the Shell Shop, I've known Jordan for about a year but this was my first purchase. He got back to me on all of my emails quick, didn't answer all of my questions the best that I would've liked, but hey it happens. Anyways, the day after I emailed him, I sent a $45 money order. He wasn't able to send the snake the first day I suggested, in my convenience, I wanted the snake to be sent out on a Thursday, as I was off the next day and he told me the snake was being sent UPS overnight($25 for shipping). That didn't happen because he said he didn't get the money order, after like 4 days in the mail.

He said he got the email the next day, but was unable to ship for Saturday, I don't know why, he just couldn't. So after that my emails weren't really getting replied to, but I knew he was getting them and reading them(AOL Members can check if the mail they sent was checked yet). I emailed him and asked him to the snake on Wednesday, he emailed me 2 days later saying the snake was being sent on Tuesday, so I replied once again and asked him if he could send it Monday instead of Tuesday because I would not be able to receive it directly on Wednesday and no one would be around to sign for it. He didn't reply to that email.

Ok, so I got the snake today, the snake made it alright, but I am not happy with what he did. He sent the snake through USPS(had LIVE REPTILES INSIDE, BROWN ANOLES, LIZARDS, KEEP WARM written on it). The idiot sent the snake 2nd mail, which made we really mad because 2nd day mail is the same exact thing as Priority Mail only more than $15 more expensive!! He basically cheated me out of $20, which I could've bought a het amel from him for.

Use caution when buying from them, they are no good. I want the money they owe me...

Michael Fedzen

http://www.freewebs.com/mikesnake

Old 12-24-2004, 04:46 PM   #2
Burma Boy
The USPS has 2nd day mail?
Or was it Express Mail, that was not guaranteed overnight?

Old 12-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
Ringneck_Man1
USPS does have 2nd mail, it costs the same as overnight express. Jordan said he got the package scanned on the 20th, but didn't mail it until the 21st, which is why it said 2nd day on the package.

Old 12-24-2004, 05:23 PM   #4
Burma Boy
Actually, that is Express Mail, sent from an area where they cannot guarantee overnight service due to proximity to air service etc...
Express mail is guaranteed. Priority mail is not.
Priority mail is mail they try to deliver within a 2 day window.
Most times it works pretty well!
Still...thats no excuse to not ship as they said they would.
Far too many companies overcharge for shipping and HANDLING.
The handling part is where they get you!

Old 12-24-2004, 05:39 PM   #5
nicolai
quick questions

i) do they have a web site
2) does it state their TOS on it?
3) did you save the emails from them? can you post them here?
4) can you take a pic of the shipping label of the box and post it?
5) HAVE YOU CONTACTED THEM TO NOTIFY THEM OF THIS THREAD? Everybody always likes to hear both side of the story tro make a fair judgement.

Nick Bonn

P.S. how is your new snake doing, did he seem to come through the shipping alright?

Old 12-24-2004, 05:45 PM   #6
Lucille
I did not see anything about a response from them. Surely you contacted them before putting their name on the BOI? What did they say?

The BOI is a wonderful tool when you have been done wrong, but IMHO one should ALWAYS contact a seller first to make sure that a perceived error was not an oversight; and if it was, to allow the seller to make good.

Lucille Hollander

Old 12-24-2004, 05:55 PM   #7
nicolai
excellent point lucille..

A lot of people post here before they contact the seller and warn them that they are going to post and give them the chance to make things right before everything goes public.
Sometimes though it isnt till a person posts that the seller sees the damage it can inflict on thier business and dicides to make it right.
Hope this comes out right for you michael...maybe they will work something out with you.

Nick Bonn

Old 12-24-2004, 05:57 PM   #8
Ringneck_Man1
They have a website.... http://hometown.aol.com/shellshop/

Most of our correspondence was through AOL IMs, and I did not save those.

I probably won't get a pic of the label, but possibly.

He actually does not know about this thread, he said it's not worth to come on here and have each people argue there sides of the story, I agreed. I was talking to him the other day, he sent me this email...

Helmz777:I'm warning you all now, DO NOT order from Shell Shop Exotics

What is this about? I would Like to know if there is a problem and what I can do about it.

Thanks
Jordan

----------------------------------
^^ Helmz777 is my AOL screen name, I went into a reptile chat room and told people not to buy from the Shell Shop and posted a link to this thread as to why, and someone in there showed it to Jordan. So I emailed him back and told him everything as to why I wasn't satisfied with how the order went, and he said he sent it overnight, just scanned it a day before he sent it, and that the rest of the $$ was to pay for a box and a heat pack(which was like a block of ice when I got the package). After that I talked with him about his reputation of doing bad business, I found a post before about how someone got 2 milk snakes and 2 corn snakes from him, and the corns were unhealthy and the milks were "supposed" to be 1.1 but both were male. Jordan said the milks were being sold as 0.0.2 and did not comment on the corns. Either way, we ended the conversation on good terms.

Also, I never really even visit the BOI until earlier last week after I had already sent him the money, and I only ordered from him because I knew him for more than a year.

The snake is doing fine right now, almost ate a f/t brown snake last night, didn't really want it so after it constricted it for 30 minutes, it just let it go and crawled away. The snake was a little shy when I pulled it out of the box, I expected to get bit, but didn't. I set it in the tank and it rattled it's tail a bit and crawled into it's hide cave.

Michael Fedzen

http://www.freewebs.com/mikesnake

Old 12-24-2004, 06:00 PM   #9
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I did not see anything about a response from them. Surely you contacted them before putting their name on the BOI? What did they say?

The BOI is a wonderful tool when you have been done wrong, but IMHO one should ALWAYS contact a seller first to make sure that a perceived error was not an oversight; and if it was, to allow the seller to make good.

Lucille Hollander
Can't speak for the whole deal, may be some kind of miscommunication or whatnot, but one issue IMO has nothing to do with a perceived error, and that is the shipping by USPS, that alone warrants a heads up. Particularly the fact that they can't "plead" ignorance like many always do, because they marked it as having a specific lizard enclosed. Course I don't think being charged for a more expensive shipping method and then using a method that is half as expensive is a perceived error either, but that's just me

Old 12-24-2004, 06:05 PM   #10
Ringneck_Man1
lol @ the idiot that gave me a bad rep for this thread.

Michael Fedzen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!