Shell Shop Exotics - BAD GUYS! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
ladyroze
Thumbs down Shell Shop Exotics - BAD GUYS!

I paid for the elongated tortoise they have advertised via PayPal. They accepted payment right away, but I have yet to hear from them. I e-mailed them stating that if I did not hear anything from them, I would file a claim with PayPal for a full refund. I still have not heard from them. They accepted payment, so obviously they received it. I can understand that they might be busy with the Holidays and all, but if they have time to accept payment, shouldn't they at least have time to contact me with shipping details or to let me know they received it and would contact me at a later date?

Old 12-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
TooManyBurmese
Was the person's name Jordan?

Old 12-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #3
ladyroze
Thumbs down Shell Shop Exotics - Bad Guys!

The person who answered me promptly enough with a total including shipping was Lonnie Bohannon. But I still haven't received any word about them shipping. I filed a claim with PayPal for a total refund.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:45 PM   #4
hhmoore
Just out of curiosity - when did you get the aforementioned response (with the total), and when & how did you make payment (I know PayPal, but was it direct transfer, echeck, or credit card). When you say "accepted payment", it is a bit misleading - there is no "accepting" involved. You don't even get notification if you send the payment to an invalid email (whether it is your mistake, or their's)...the money will just come out of your account. I learned this the hard way when somebody I was dealing with left a number off their account. IF it is an inactive email, you can just cancel the payment...if it is not, you have to wait for the money to be refunded. The above is just informational, of course, as I have no idea what is actually going on between you and this seller. For all we know (from what you have stated), you could have sent the money yesterday. The more details you can provide, the better

Old 12-23-2005, 08:55 PM   #5
ladyroze
Shell Shop Exotics - Bad Guys!

I received the e-mail from them giving me a total on the 19th - Monday. I immediately sent payment via PayPal to the e-mail address they provided by cutting and pasting so as not to make a mistake. If you go to your account page on PayPal, it shows you all your transactions. For this one, it shows transaction completed. If it were not completed, it would say unclaimed. Therefore, they received the money. I have had one that was unclaimed before, so I know this. The person sent me the wrong e-mail address and asked where the payment was. We finally figured it out. That is not the case here. The transaction shows completed, which means the money has been claimed, and I have not heard from them since.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
Suncoast Herpetological
Just curious...

Are these three threads about the same company?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=shell

If so, I would say you have a problem

Old 12-23-2005, 09:42 PM   #7
ladyroze
Thumbs down Shell Shop Exotics - Bad Guys!

They certainly do seem to be one and the same
Other than complaining here, there must be something that can be done! PayPal is pretty good about going after people though. I've only had to do it once before, and I got the refund.

Old 12-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #8
FireDrake
The link to my experience is up there, but I thought I'd write anyways, I have a feeling you'll get your critter, but I bet they charge you $40 for shipping then send it 2nd day USPS that costs $17. I hate to say it but they just dont seem to have a reputation for making people happy. NO WHERE have I seen a post about how wonderful The Shell Shop is. I've noticed it seems that in everyone's bad experience the guys there say they cant ship a certain day because someone got hurt or someone had to have emergency surgery. And they will be nice up until you start to question them closely.
They dont seem to care if they make you happy or not! I remember someone else who had a bad exp saw my thread and asked the shell shop about it, and the guy told him that I never asked for a male and female pueblan. So they are liers too!

Hope you get your critter safely!!! If you paid paypal thru your credit card you should be able to get your money back if it becomes a bigger problem.

Sarah

Old 12-26-2005, 08:47 AM   #9
dzoo
May I ask......

May I humbly ask why, if you have been a member of the BOI since August 2004, and you are familiar enough with it to come here to register a complaint, why you did not look up their reputation before ordering? That is why the BOI exists - to prevent problems. There are already 3 bad guy threads on them..... that would have made me steer clear of them before sending money.

Have you tried phoning them? On their web site they list a phone # 813-948-0360 not sure if it works or not though....

Old 12-26-2005, 04:01 PM   #10
FireDrake
Just a thought........

.......... when you see a good deal, sometimes you just want to take it. Honestly, speaking for myself, I do not automatically think to myself: "Gotta check the BOI to see if this guy is a jerk or not"

Sarah

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!