Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 108 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #1071
LD50_Junkie
What's that old PETA slogan?

"PetCo. Where pets go. To DIE!"

Old 01-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #1072
ShadowAceD
Garret, please do not derail the thread again. It was hard enough to get it back on track the first time.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #1073
Abish
Went to her website and read this:

"Our breeding projects are temporarily on hold for this season. We are currently undergoing testing on our animals to rule out the possibility of IBD exposure to our collection. We will update once we start getting tests back! Thank you!"

While it didn't seem she did most (or much) of her selling through that site, it is still at least one tiny good step that she's actually got IBD testing mentioned on the front page. Sucks that she had to be pushed this far to get it there, but I do appreciate the fact that it is there now.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #1074
crotalusadamanteus
It's a start.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #1075
ShadowAceD
It's a farce she is using just to make it look like she cares.

You cannot rule out IBD via testing if there was a confirmed case already in the collection. I do not know how many times I have to say that.

The tests available can currently confirm IBD, but not rule it out. The test cannot pinpoint the virus when it is inactive.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #1076
amercnwmn
That notice was only recently put there after "AddictedToBoas" demanded it..lol
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=821
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBoas
I want Ashley to post a warning on her website. Not "more information to come" or any of that bull If her past customers are keeping up with her at all, that's one way they can be warned.
Once it was brought here her website ads were still active, she posted "Temporarily on hold, more information to come, please check back later!" on her website.
Only after AddictedToBoa's post above did she actually change the site.

She's NOT being responsible on her own accord, believe me.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #1077
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
It's a farce she is using just to make it look like she cares.

You cannot rule out IBD via testing if there was a confirmed case already in the collection. I do not know how many times I have to say that.

The tests available can currently confirm IBD, but not rule it out. The test cannot pinpoint the virus when it is inactive.

THANK YOU!!!

This is another reason why being exposed to her animals is such a crippling thing. Even if my animals test negative, they are not safe. They may be asymptomatic and not showing inclusions in tests. I will have to keep testing for years.

And so should Ashley. If ALL snakes in her house and who have been exposed to hers actually test negative which I highly doubt.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #1078
amercnwmn
Although I'm sure you guys knew that..lol

Old 01-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #1079
LD50_Junkie
Every snake at her place must be assumed positive for IBD regardless of the outcomes of the path reports. Those assays only test for the presence of inclusions (in other words, the extent of the disease) and not for the presence of the etiological agent itself.

That is, until we develop a method to test for IBD-specific antigens...

Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #1080
JMartin1982
Can some one give me the link to her website I must have missed it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd