prehistoric pet (Jay) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-27-2003, 03:43 PM   #1
WSReptiles
prehistoric pet (Jay)

Jay did not buy anything from Whitefeather he received the snakes in a trade which I had no knowledge nor did I authorize it.
When Jay entered the trade with Whitefeather he did not no the snake were mine.
After talking to Jay, It sound like he will do the right thing.
Will keep you people on the BOI informed.

peace out!!!!
Will slough

ps no it Andy who works for N.E.R.D TURN TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

Old 12-27-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
WSReptiles
I just got of the phone with Jay, I thought he was going to do the right thing he is not. He is worried about reputation being dammaged, IT IS .
your just like whitefeather a theif.
I made a comment while I was intoxicated at a reptile show that mike had to trade somthing of mine because he had nothing expensive. Jay and mike never told me what the trade was at dinner, because mike knew the snake were mine and I would have never got rid of them. jAY AND MIKE keep me in the dark until mike went to jail.
Jay as long as you have MY SNAKES, YOU ARE A THEIF.

Old 12-27-2003, 04:50 PM   #3
Josh Burm Guy
Man this is one of those times I was hoping to be wrong. I am so sorry to read this. When I read your first post saying that Jay was going to do the right thing I felt a cheer inside and was glad to be wrong in my predictions that he would never give you your snakes back. And now I read this and my spirits sink. Just take comfort in the fact that a lot of people have experienced things like this in the past and that every dog has its day. Karma comes back to visit us all eventually.

Will, please post a number or email me with a number I can call you at. I would like to speak with you about this and maybe I can help you.

Old 12-27-2003, 05:11 PM   #4
PrehistoricPets.com
I don't think Will's post is totally clear. My employee and I went to dinner with Michael Whitefeather and Will Slough along with some people at animal plastics. We went to Outback Steakhouse. During dinner the topic of trading animals came up between Whitefeather and Slough. Will asked, "What did we trade for?" and Whitefeather replied," You'll have to come to my house to see for yourself, you'll be totally happy." Will did not have one negative comment, and was looking forward to seeing what he got. We had a great time at dinner. Later that evening Will and Whitefeather along with a couple guys from Freedom Breeder, came up to my room to look at one of the adult albino tigers. At that point, in front of everyone, he said it was one of the coolest retics he had seen, and was looking forward to seeing his new snakes.(trade that Whitefeather had done). Will and Whitefeather left that night with Whitefeather driving first to Whitefeather’s so Will could see their new snakes. We had given Will an extra vendors badge because he said he wanted to come down Sunday and display his crazy new ball python morph on our table. We were stoked. But he never showed up. We didn’t hear back from him until a week before the "Prehistoric -Whitefeather post". We are going to do the right thing by helping Will get receipts for the trade that was done so he can get back the snakes that were rightfully his.
I normally would not post anything that has to do with a business deal but in this case I feel that it is best so there are no misunderstandings, and the truth is laid out.

Old 12-27-2003, 05:22 PM   #5
PrehistoricPets.com
Talking

Will, Cool I guess I will see you soon. By the way Josh Burm Guy, I will make sure you are kept up to speed as I clear my name. I will not rest until this matter is cleared. It will not be on a forum!

Old 12-27-2003, 05:31 PM   #6
Josh Burm Guy
To: PreHisStolen Pets

Jay: "We are going to do the right thing by helping Will get receipts for the trade that was done so he can get back the snakes that were rightfully his."

The snakes that are rightfully his are the original snakes that belonged to him that Whitefeather traded without his knowledge. To "do the right thing" you need to give them back. It's obvious even in your own distorted post that Will only knew what they were getting, not what they were using to trade, HIS snakes. Even by your own words here in your post it is TOTALLY clear that Whitefeather and you completed the entire trade and that Will was completely in the dark. How can he be in the dark if it is HIS snakes being traded??

Give them back Jay. Stop capitalizing on other peoples pain, suffering and loss.

Old 12-27-2003, 06:14 PM   #7
Grace
Question I'm not sure I understand all of this but.....

First of all, doing the right thing depends on what one considers the right thing.

If someone bought a snake from another breeder and thought the deal was legit and didn't know that the snake actually belonged to someone else, why should they give the snake they purchased back to someone they knew nothing about.

In other words, this guy Andy obviously bought a snake from this guy Whitefeather.....Andy thought the deal was legitimate......then one day this other fellow named Will Slough comes along and says....Hey, that's my snake give it back.....Whitefeather didn't have the right to sell you that snake. As far as I can see it is Whitefeather that owes Will Slough either the animal or the money.....not this guy Andy. Will should either buy the animal from Andy and then get reimbursed from Whitefeather or chalk it up to a bad mistake, not to be made again.

This guy Whitefeather has obviously been a moron for a long time and yet eveyone acts like they only just found out.....Why would someone go into business with someone and not look into their reputation?

Then we come to this guy Jay.....if he did a trade with Whitefeather and he thought everything was on the up and up, why is it that he should give back the snake. It is no different than the deal Whitefeather did with the guy Andy. Once again, Slough should get his money or an animal of equal value from Whitefeather....he is the one that has done something wrong.

Sorry Mr. Slough, but the people that are victims of Whitefeathers can't be held responsible for the wrong doings of Whitefeather.
Is there anyone else here on this board that understands what I am trying to say?? And one last thing, I do not know any of the people involved in this whole fiasco....I only know what I have read here on the BOI.

Grace Winchester

Old 12-27-2003, 06:26 PM   #8
WSReptiles
Ps. I forgot to say was mike also sold the tiger albino female that he traded my snake for (with out me knowing) for $3000.

peace out!!!
Will

Old 12-27-2003, 07:03 PM   #9
The BoidSmith
Grace,

In MHO a person who bought stolen property can be held liable to the true owner even if the buyer acted in good faith and without knowing who the original owner was. As far as I understand, if in fact it can be demonstrated that the item belongs to another person it will have to be returned. Maybe someone more versed in law can clear this point.

Regards.

Old 12-27-2003, 07:07 PM   #10
Josh Burm Guy
Sorry, but No. Stolen property is stolen property.

By selling another's snakes, Whitefeather in effect STOLE those snakes. They instantly became "Stolen property". Stolen property must be returned to the rightful owners when it is recovered. Look it up, it's the law in every state. Period. No if's and's or but's.

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace

First of all, doing the right thing depends on what one considers the right thing.

If someone bought a snake from another breeder and thought the deal was legit and didn't know that the snake actually belonged to someone else, why should they give the snake they purchased back to someone they knew nothing about.

In other words, this guy Andy obviously bought a snake from this guy Whitefeather.....Andy thought the deal was legitimate......then one day this other fellow named Will Slough comes along and says....Hey, that's my snake give it back.....Whitefeather didn't have the right to sell you that snake. As far as I can see it is Whitefeather that owes Will Slough either the animal or the money.....not this guy Andy. Will should either buy the animal from Andy and then get reimbursed from Whitefeather or chalk it up to a bad mistake, not to be made again.

This guy Whitefeather has obviously been a moron for a long time and yet eveyone acts like they only just found out.....Why would someone go into business with someone and not look into their reputation?

Then we come to this guy Jay.....if he did a trade with Whitefeather and he thought everything was on the up and up, why is it that he should give back the snake. It is no different than the deal Whitefeather did with the guy Andy. Once again, Slough should get his money or an animal of equal value from Whitefeather....he is the one that has done something wrong.

Sorry Mr. Slough, but the people that are victims of Whitefeathers can't be held responsible for the wrong doings of Whitefeather.
Is there anyone else here on this board that understands what I am trying to say?? And one last thing, I do not know any of the people involved in this whole fiasco....I only know what I have read here on the BOI.

Grace Winchester

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!