Inquiry Mike Souza - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #21
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman236 View Post
Robert:

Much thanks for your assistance....

Sincerely,
Mike
No problem, again, this can be a win for you both.

Please remember to post a picture of the snake in question before you ship it. Thanks

Old 10-01-2018, 01:02 PM   #22
snakeman236
Here is the photo of the snake in question.
Mike
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2018, 01:34 PM   #23
Canadian Snake Queen
After reading this, the concern that stands out to me is: “Maybe all the probing, caused trauma to its hemipenes” & “I will not want that animal back, it has been too traumatized” and then in his response/comment, “the constant trauma to its sexual organs by probing or popping, made me not want that particular animal back”. Blake offered an exchange but the buyer would only accept, if Blake shipped the new animal first. Which I’ve never heard of before. This leads me to believe the buyer is very concerned, that the animals sexual organs have been injured. Especially, if he’s not willing to ship first! Blake offered what any good breeder, would. I’d be concerned on the condition of the animal when returned. A customer does not have the right to get a refund/exchange without returning the goods...so to speak. I think this is important for Blake, to think about. Cheers and good luck

Canadian Snake Queen

Old 10-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #24
Canadian Snake Queen
Sorry, I didn’t realized there is more than one page. I see it’s being sorted and hope it works out well. Cheers!

Canadian Snake Queen

Old 10-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #25
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Snake Queen View Post
After reading this, the concern that stands out to me is: “Maybe all the probing, caused trauma to its hemipenes” & “I will not want that animal back, it has been too traumatized” and then in his response/comment, “the constant trauma to its sexual organs by probing or popping, made me not want that particular animal back”. Blake offered an exchange but the buyer would only accept, if Blake shipped the new animal first. Which I’ve never heard of before. This leads me to believe the buyer is very concerned, that the animals sexual organs have been injured. Especially, if he’s not willing to ship first! Blake offered what any good breeder, would. I’d be concerned on the condition of the animal when returned. A customer does not have the right to get a refund/exchange without returning the goods...so to speak. I think this is important for Blake, to think about. Cheers and good luck

Canadian Snake Queen
I'm happy to see this being squared away. But after reading the text exchanges, the only red flags I saw was from the accused. Not the OP. I read that correspondence three times. The accused had no problems subjecting the snake to additional probes. And the civility came from the OP. The "red square" comment spoke volumes. I changed that.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #26
snakeman236
Chris:

I am really amazed by what you wrote about me and the red flags. I am not the one who sells snakes without sexing them first. I am sure you know that a small baby snake who was just shipped is stressed to begin with. I did not probe excessively I probed maybe 3 times max but I could tell the snake was not comfortable. The probe came back showing as a female. The reason I decided to wait the extra days was only to let the snake calm down and not be put through popping techniques also. Mr. Wilson's comments about "me being out of my mind" and "unprofessional" were uncalled for and dramatic. I made the comment about his red box after having several conversations with him in which he tried to goad me into his dramatic verbiage, which of course were not mentioned.

I was sent a wrong sexed snake, plain and simple. I am not the one calling Mr. Wilson anything on these posts. I have very well regarded people who have stood by my character on this BOI and recently had a very good review by one of my customers. I am not the bad guy here. I would have never brought this to the BOI personally but Mr. Wilson wanted to attack my character through this medium.

I just want the snake I paid for properly sexed. I never wanted this to be escalated to this level or cause any bad feelings to no one. I apologize for taking up anyone's valuable time when this could have been settled much easier.

Sincerely,
Mike Souza

Old 10-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #27
BlakeWilsonRetics
The text screenshots are there for everyone to see how you reacted. You are absolutely 100% in the wrong here and why this came to the BOI stop trying to make it seem otherwise.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #28
snakeman236
Blake;

It came to the BOI because you wanted to check to see if anyone had previous dealing with me and instead you turned it into a drama queen show.

The only wrong thing I did was to reference your red box from prior issues you had....I apologize for that.

You send out snakes that you don't sex yourself prior to shipping and I would put it to a vote here that most seller's never do that. I don't accept that.

So you slice it any way you want....if it makes you feel better to say I was wrong then so be it....but you will never convince me of otherwise.

Sincerely,
Mike

ps: do not forget to send me the return label today so I can send you your animal back tomorrow per Robert Walker. Thank you

Old 10-02-2018, 08:44 PM   #29
MikeCurtin
Baby carpets are notoriously hard to sex. I pop mine directly out of the egg, and do not regularly re-sex those animals, unless they pop female, as their muscles strengthen and there is more resistance to sexing.

I would not want a 6 month old (confirmed) male animal back from someone without knowing their skills. Improper sexing could do some damage for sure, and if this snake is subsequently confirmed as a male, there can be no assurance of ability to breed in the future.

I understand the OP's concerns for sure.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:07 PM   #30
tlmoon
I hope this is resolved to both party's satisfaction. I'm hopeful that it seems to be moving in that direction.

For the future, it might be helpful for the seller to have an established TOS regarding sexing and whether he personally sexed them and whether the sex is guaranteed. It would also be good as a buyer to inquire who sexed the snakes and what will the next steps be if the snake turns out different than expected.

I can see this from both sides. The buyer expects an accurately sexed snake. The seller doesn't want a snake incorrectly sexed or injured by the buyer. Both of these parties seem to be experienced snake keepers, but hypothetically you could sell to an inexperienced person who injures the snake and then blames it on the seller and wants a different snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!