BEL with yellow markings? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
Big Borg Reptiles
BEL with yellow markings?

Mystery BEL female. I have no info on the parents, all I was told was that she was purchased as an ivory at one of the expos in the area.

I've personally never seen an ivory with baby blues, so I figure that this must be a leucistic complex animal. The question is, which one? I know it's impossible to tell without breeding, but I've never even seen a BEL with a yellow line down its back and yellow markings on the face. The markings clearly have an ivory look to them, which I'm sure is why the original seller thought she was ivory, but again, the blue eyes make me think otherwise.

Am I wrong and this is an ivory? My first thought was a super pastel super mojave or pastel opal diamond or something like that, but the heads on both of those are still "dirty" and this girl is nice and clean. Her head is too white for me to even think she's an ivory.

Anyone produce BELs with yellow markings or know a combo that would do that? The good news is it's a female so she won't be an issue to breed out, but I also hate not having a clue.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
Pasodama
Definitely not an Ivory.
I would guess either Super Lesser/Butter or Lesser/Butter Mojave.
Slight chance of White Diamond.
Regardless, as you know, breeding will tell.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
Big Borg Reptiles
I was thinking it was most likely a combo of two of the three most common bel genes (lesser, Mojave, or Russo) but haven't ever seen that yellow patterning on one. Not sure if pastel will do that but I dont think it does.

And I agree, as soon as I saw it I said that it's definitely not an ivory.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #4
Pasodama
I have seen that yellow patterning on some.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:01 AM   #5
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
I have seen that yellow patterning on some.

Oh OK, good to know. I thought maybe it was particular to a certain combo. I'll just have to wait and see what she produces. Thanks for the input!

Old 09-21-2016, 10:40 PM   #6
phoenix-cry
I love her yellow markings! Whatever she proves to be she's a stunner, but I agree not an Ivory at all.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:06 AM   #7
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-cry View Post
I love her yellow markings! Whatever she proves to be she's a stunner.
Thanks, I really like her too. She's a little skinnier than I'd prefer but I'm sure she'll be fine once she gets on a normal feeding schedule.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:26 AM   #8
ShawneeAlice
Her yellow face stripes are where my pastel ivory has black stripes She's really cute, Can't really go wrong with any type of BEL in my opinion!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!