Wanted 2018CB Female Rosy Boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons

Notices

Old 01-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
simon711
2018CB Female Rosy Boa

Hello all,

I am currently looking for a 2018 cb female rosy. I am in california, so the closer the better. Temperament is also very important, this will be a pet.

Thank you all for your time,

Simon
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Curious -- why female? For a pet, sex is irrelevant, at least in rosys.

Edit: actually, a male may make a better pet, since the bitey rosys are slightly more often the females rather than the males.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #3
simon711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Curious -- why female? For a pet, sex is irrelevant, at least in rosys.

Edit: actually, a male may make a better pet, since the bitey rosys are slightly more often the females rather than the males.
really? I didn't know. I just chose female because they get a little bigger. But if you think males usually have the better temperment maybe ill get a male
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Well, females do get a little bigger, but you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference, sometimes. They're not really sexually dimorphic like, say, sand boas are.

The 'temperament', as you call it, is always related to feeding: to be specific, they like to. Females sometimes seem to know that their bodies need more food intake than males (this is my interpretation, anyway), and so might be a little more likely to be food-driven than males are. It is a minor point, in any event.

You should get a snake that you like; the sex doesn't matter, as I mentioned.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, and I do hope you find the right snake for yourself.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #5
simon711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Well, females do get a little bigger, but you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference, sometimes. They're not really sexually dimorphic like, say, sand boas are.

The 'temperament', as you call it, is always related to feeding: to be specific, they like to. Females sometimes seem to know that their bodies need more food intake than males (this is my interpretation, anyway), and so might be a little more likely to be food-driven than males are. It is a minor point, in any event.

You should get a snake that you like; the sex doesn't matter, as I mentioned.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, and I do hope you find the right snake for yourself.
No problem, I'm trying to decide between a dome rock male and a whitewater rosy
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
Magical Geckos
Rosy Boas

1.0 2015 tequila sunrise (pastel albino) 800
0.1 2016 albino het Picasso 750
0.1 2016 mono-stripe albino 275
1.0 2015 Triv poss Het Picasso 500

0.0.3 Visual Picassos 2000 each

Never had anty strike at me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!