female knob tailed not eating - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
gabe86
female knob tailed not eating

In the first week of November my female knob tailed gecko (Nephrurus levis pilbarensis) has not ate after laying her first clutch of eggs and also shed ( figure this would be important do to her working kind of odd ).

After she laid her eggs she hasn’t ate. While I was increasing the temp 90F and cool side 72F. I notice whenever I thru crickets in her cage (shoe rack) they would not eat any of them. My first thought was their body would have to break out of the hibernation phase for them to get hungry again. I even let a crack for the moisture to escape out of the sand. But still no sign of any eating. Just this weekend. I saw that the female tail has shrunk. And her walk seem to be very odd and slow. I look under her and try look at her feed. They do seem little fat almost like it blister or swollen. (The heat pad is not under it on the side of the cage. Just FYI). And her cloaca seem to have some kind of fluid. Not sure if this is normal since I never really under them. But I was reading that when female lay eggs that sand can get under and block or cause some kind of infection? Not sure if this is true. But a good to think about. Well after yesterday. I got a small deli cup and just fell the bottom with warm water and enough for her to dip her feet in and hopefully hydrate her feet. After 15mins I put her in a separate cage with only wet paper towels. For that that all I have done. I do take a peek in her cage. I just see her lay down in one spot and sometimes she moves one spot to another towards the back. And leave one cricket in the cage.

Has anyone experience this with knob tailed gecko (Nephrurus levis pilbarensis)?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!