Homemade handling tools - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #1
snakegetters
Homemade handling tools

My favorite homemade snake handling tool is a light plastic bread board with a handle on it. It's an excellent pinning tool in conjunction with a padded mat (sold as a camping mat for sleeping bags).

I also like a folding laundry hamper from Wal Mart that is useful for bagging snakes, a pool net I modified to be a bag stick (stuck a pillowcase on it) and a pinner built from foam padding and PVC pipe. The plans for the latter tool are here: http://www.snakegetters.com/equip/pinners-howto.html

What is your favorite homemade snake handling tool and how did you build or modify it?

Old 07-02-2004, 09:01 PM   #2
robin d.
my favorite home made tool is the hooks my husband makes.... he is a machinist so it is easy for him to make

Old 07-02-2004, 09:08 PM   #3
robin d.
oh i forgot the other favorite thing he made... a couple of killer trap boxes

they way we took the pic is with it laying bottom up.. it has a clear bottom. it has a spring loaded ball that locks the door open or closed and the knob is big enough so that a hook can be used to close it

Old 07-02-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
snakegetters
Those trap boxes are *nice*. Would he be willing to make some for sale?

Old 07-02-2004, 09:48 PM   #5
robin d.
for the general public no but he said for you he would but he would like to talk to you and get some dimensions and then price the material.
if you would like to call him our number is (512)805-0413 i am robin and you would probably want to ask for russ, since i know nothing on how to make em

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!