please sign this petition - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #1
puppytoes72
please sign this petition

please sign this petition and also pass it along to anyone you know or post it on any other forums you belong to.thanks http://www.petitiononline.com/herpsfly/petition.html

Old 09-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Wilomn
Nope, no way, not even gonna try this one.

They don't belong in the cabin of a plane.

Ship them properly and you'll have NO problems

Old 09-28-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
monkeywrench133
I don't know. I was flying down to Ft. Worth for the NARBC show in Feb and was going to try to take a Suriname I'd picked up locally to the friend I was gonna stay with down there, but they wouldn't let me. I thought it was kinda silly. What harm could a 18" Suri do? And it would have been a safer and less stressful trip for the snake as well if I'd been able to take it on the plane with me. Plus I would have saved the shipping costs

Old 09-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
Wilomn
And supposing grama jones next to you, or even better, Bubba from Arkansas the next ailse over, saw that snake, panicked and freaked out, maybe opening an escape hatch to get away from it?

Old 09-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #5
monkeywrench133
LOL, no I was still going to box it up as if I were shipping, so there wouldn't have been any way anyone would have ever known what it was.

If I'd just stuck it in my pocket, then yeah, that might have been a problem.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:21 AM   #6
Clay Davenport
i tend to agree that snakes don't belong in the cabin, but I also think that other animals don't belong in the cabin either. Some people are allergic to cats and dogs for instance.

My problem is the airlines do not recognize reptiles as pets period. You can put your dog in a crate and fly him as pet cargo, which is not in the regular cargo hold, but still not in the passenger cabin. Reptiles however cannot be shipped like that, they are placed in the regular non controlled cargo hold, and people with one pet needing to transport it find it all but impossible to do so with all the hoops the airlines make reptile shippers jump through.

There should be a means to allow someone with a pet reptile or two who are moving or whatever, to be able to fly their pets with them, but I agree, it shouldn't be in the passenger cabin.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:52 AM   #7
Wilomn
Delta Dash

Old 09-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #8
Clay Davenport
Someone needing to ship one pet snake, one time, can't just walk in and ship it Dash, not with the new regs.
There's not much of an option for the one time shippers.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:14 AM   #9
Wilomn
Ahhhh, that I had forgotten. It's been a long time since I had to use them.

Well, there's always the old sock in the jock routine.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #10
monkeywrench133
Yeah, if I were a small time breeder and I happened to produce a small clutch/litter of high dollar animals (like a $6000 pied BP), I'd be willing to spend $200-300 on a round trip ticket just so I could hand carry the animal to the buyer rather than pray that the Fedex guys didn't use MY box as a soccer ball on the loading dock.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!