please sign this petition - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #21
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppytoes72
who are you referring to bart? who said that?
Which part? Ben stated he hopes they meet halfway. If the petition doesn't meet one's specfic goal, start another. Why sign it with a different goal in mind. You made the statement that your husband was highly allergic to cats and dogs and shouldn't have to deal with them in the cabin. A great point for making the argument that all pets should be banned but doesn't help what the petition is stating. I do not see anything rude about my post. It was direct and to the point, just not what you wanted to hear. I am sure the writer put a lot of work into the petition but it does not appear that they put a lot of thought into it.

Bart

Old 09-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #22
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
Which part? Ben stated he hopes they meet halfway. If the petition doesn't meet one's specfic goal, start another. Why sign it with a different goal in mind. You made the statement that your husband was highly allergic to cats and dogs and shouldn't have to deal with them in the cabin. A great point for making the argument that all pets should be banned but doesn't help what the petition is stating. I do not see anything rude about my post. It was direct and to the point, just not what you wanted to hear. I am sure the writer put a lot of work into the petition but it does not appear that they put a lot of thought into it.

Bart
ben might have hopes of them at least meeting halfway but who said that the AUTHOR was willing to meet halfway?so why start another petition? AND MY STATEMENT ABOUT MY HUSBAND'S ALLERGIES WAS IN RESPONSE TO WES'S COMMENT ABOUT A GRANNY GETTING SCARED OF A REPTILE,it was not meant to,or had i intended it be used as a "great point"for the petition.you were very rude with your comment about the author although you obviously do not want to admit to it.bottom line....if you don't agree with the petition then don't sign it.didn't your mother ever tell you "if you do not have anything nice to say then don not say anything at all"?

Old 09-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #23
Wilomn
Is this another kairo personality rearing its ugly head?

What is with the nutjobs lately?

I know the moon is just past full, but it seems we've had them in far excess of the abundance we usually enjoy.

Rich, you got a link to some mental health treatment facility now or something?

Old 09-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #24
SPJ
I would support allowing reptiles to be put into the animal cargo hold like cats and dogs but not in the cabin. I can just see Bubba taking his 100 pound retic into the cabin and scaring the daylights out of someone or worse, someone scaring the snake and have it get defensive.

Personally, I think all animals except guide animals should not be allowed in the cabin with the passengers.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:02 PM   #25
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Is this another kairo personality rearing its ugly head?

What is with the nutjobs lately?

I know the moon is just past full, but it seems we've had them in far excess of the abundance we usually enjoy.

Rich, you got a link to some mental health treatment facility now or something?
yeah rich,you need a shrink over at this forum because everyone here just loves drama and likes to argue and debate everything.i swore i would never post here again, but i figured this petition was for a good cause and how can anyone possibly criticize it? HA,i should have known better....IT'S FAUNA

Old 09-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #26
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
I do not see anything rude about my post.
Bart
There was nothing rude or wrong about your stated opinion. Just a low tolerance for others opinions from the original poster.

Quote:
Furthermore Bart,as a "contributing member" of the forum i would expect you to handle yourself a little better and set a good example
That was way over the top for his post.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #27
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
There was nothing rude or wrong about your stated opinion. Just a low tolerance for others opinions from the original poster.
If you don't reccognize the name, browse the post history. Everything they have written here once there was a netative response to the contents of the petition is side splittingly hilarious hipocrasy.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #28
Ken Harbart
Quote:
yeah rich,you need a shrink over at this forum because everyone here just loves drama and likes to argue and debate everything.i swore i would never post here again, but i figured this petition was for a good cause and how can anyone possibly criticize it? HA,i should have known better....IT'S FAUNA
Given your penchant for instigating and escalating conflict, those are some pretty ironic statements.

How could anyone possibly criticize the petition? Easily. It's called logic. To begin with, online petitions are inconsequential. They are what's referred to as "slacktivism." In short, they accomplish nothing other than giving the signers a false sense of doing something, while the reality is they are doing nothing at all.

Also, there simply is no way that airlines are going to allow small reptiles as carry-on for a plethora of reasons. One is that dogs and cats are relatively easy to contain and control if they escape from their carrier. A snake, on the other hand, can disappear before the owner even knows what happened. The search for an escaped snake has the potential to ground the aircraft.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #29
Crazydude
I don't see the reason to argue over this, Its either you agree or you don't, You can state your opinion or not, But an opinion is just that, I don't find a reason to try to change someones mind, Because most likely they wont.

Now as for my post, Picture it this way, Your buying a new car. Lets just say for the sake of this its $30,000 and the dealer buys it for $22,000. Now you could haggle it saying you will pay $23,000 but in most cases unless its the end of the season and they are getting next years in they will turn it down, So they may say $27,000 and you say $24,000 You may meet at $25,000, Which is a good deal, but not exactly what your aiming for.

But again lets say you shoot for $25,000 for the same $30,000 car, The dealer may say $28,000, You say $26,000 You settle at $27,000. In this case you are not getting as much as you want, And depending on the personal situation it is a savings but not as much as you'd like. Starting low and meeting in the middle gives you a better outcome then starting in the middle and meeting half way. But this only works as long as you don't shoot below what they pay for it, because they wont loose money.

With reptiles, I think a 6ft water monitor or 18ft retic would be a problem, Just as a German Shepard or Golden retriever, People don't want a big animal on the plane, But a 7" Leopard gecko, 42" corn snake, 10" RES or 18" bearded dragon shouldn't be a big problem, Just as they allow cats and small dogs like jack russels, Yorkshire terriers ext. Also If you read the Petition it states they will be carefully packed and concealed, So as long as the people around you don't see it or you tell them its there, They will never know it was.

Thats my logic to my previous post. Thanks,
Ben

Old 09-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #30
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Harbart
Given your penchant for instigating and escalating conflict, those are some pretty ironic statements.

How could anyone possibly criticize the petition? Easily. It's called logic. To begin with, online petitions are inconsequential. They are what's referred to as "slacktivism." In short, they accomplish nothing other than giving the signers a false sense of doing something, while the reality is they are doing nothing at all.

Also, there simply is no way that airlines are going to allow small reptiles as carry-on for a plethora of reasons. One is that dogs and cats are relatively easy to contain and control if they escape from their carrier. A snake, on the other hand, can disappear before the owner even knows what happened. The search for an escaped snake has the potential to ground the aircraft.
thats real nice ken really,this site is a joke.on beardeddragon.org things are going really smoothly and ppl actually get along.over there people are choosong to sign it or choosing NOT to sign it but they certainly aren't arguing about it and putting down the author and saying the petition is "useless".whatever,you guys can wallow in your debates,drama and arguments over here.i choose to go where ppl are nice and respect each other

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!