Delta Dash Claims - Who has filed one? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
HellFire
Delta Dash Claims - Who has filed one?

I'd like to hear others' experiences about filling a loss claim with Delta Dash, how it went, how long it took, and if anyone ever had one successfully honored?

I'm not interested in hearing DOA horror stories about Delta, etc. Those exist with every courier out there... just curious to hear about others' experiences solely with filing Delta Dash claims. Let's stay on point.

Just to give you some background - I've been shipping with Delta for about 15 years with known shipper status prior to 9/11 and verified status after 9/11. In that time span, I just took my first loss a few months ago. I firmly believe that's still a pretty damn good record and I continue to currently ship with Delta. I always knew that there was a chance that I may eventually take a loss (law of averages) at some point while shipping. It seems to happen to everyone eventually - even if you don't hear about it. The protocol I always had in mind was to re-imburse my customer in full (if the DOA was no fault of the customer's) and then file the claim with Delta myself, as the shipper with the account - especially since I've heard that Delta claim turn-arounds can be quite lengthy. When it did finally occur during this instance, the destination cargo desk talked my customer into filing the claim (instead of me doing it), stating that the animal was their property since it and shipping were already paid for. Incidentally, I had two other packages go out that day that arrived in excellent condition.

So, my customer is currently battling the claim and I'm just trying to do some digging for them and to learn more about it from others' experiences. It seems like Delta's really dragging their feet on it - which I kind of expected. I'd just like to hear about how lengthy this is really going to get. Or, if Delta's going to leave these people hanging for awhile (going on two months now), hoping they go away and if they don't.... just throw the screws to them. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 05-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
jim0602
Not going to go into all the details right now but it was 6 months of pure hell and calling them 2-5 times a day 7 days a week. They lost my shipment for 2 weeks in January. The statement to me when it was located was that it was found outside on the dock. My claim was over 6 grand but they did pay. They did everything possible to not pay and came up with ridiculous b.s. excuses. They caused me a lot of grief and headaches but in the end it all worked out well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!