Wasting away. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #11
Brenda777
I have been giving fluids myself. It's hard but I get some in them. If I took them to the vet to get fluids in them it would be all the time. I am just trying to do it myself. Two of my dragons are OK when I do it but the one female just fights me.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #12
Rebel Dragons
Here is a link :-)

Jump Start

Old 12-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #13
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgirl
Jeez, sorry. I thought the pinkies were going to be fed as is, not blenderized. I even re-read the slurry mix and still missed the pinkies in the mix. Yeah, then the pinkies aren't going to matter. Sorry there. I'm a yutz

Lol, I even went and reread the post a few times myself. I was like, where in hell is she seeing this??

You had me really confused.........

Old 12-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #14
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda777
I have been giving fluids myself. It's hard but I get some in them. If I took them to the vet to get fluids in them it would be all the time. I am just trying to do it myself. Two of my dragons are OK when I do it but the one female just fights me.

Try some Apple flavored Pedialyte. I have found that dragons seem to enjoy the taste and don't fight as much.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #15
Brenda777
Thanks for the help. I will give it a try.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:49 AM   #16
Bar None Reptiles
Pinworms and coccidia are not going to go away in one round of treatment. As with most parasites your first round treats what is alive. You then wait a period of around 10 days and repeat to catch what has hatched since last treatment. That is your minimum. Sometimes you will have to do more. Always completely disinfect the living quarters daily. I would also suggest administering subcutaneous fluids via injection. It is actually very simple to do. There are many types of fluids available and a large bag from the vet should only cost around $20 and it will have electrolytes mixed in as well to help perk their activities. I have not had much success with jump start myself and have always found that the fluids are your best shot first, then go to a slurry mix like Mike described. And soon you will be into hard food again as well. Parazap is an herbal remedy and I would best describe it as a preventative rather than medication, if that makes sense to anyone... if they start to react well to this and start eating then that is great. If they still look slumpish and lethargic then there is a chance your going into renal failure and the system is shutting down which is a whole other slurry, but I won't go into that until it's necessary. Just make sure to keep with the acidophiliz as well to maintain healthy bacteria levels. Hope this helps.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #17
Brenda777
Thanks everyone for your help.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #18
techgirl
I almost forgot, some pet stores do carry a bene bac gel for reptiles and birds which is bacteria for the gut. That may help too.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:34 PM   #19
Brenda777
Great thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!