20 Pythons Removed From Cleveland Home - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
JColt
I forgot to add some info to this earlier. I work at a police dept west of Cleveland. Our animal warden gave me some info that was not included in original story a few days after I posted it. The guy had been warned many times to get the proper permits and didn't. They were even willing to do a couple of permits at a time and not all at once and he never tried. Also apparently they were not taking the best of care of them. Sorry so late adding this.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
Southern Wolf
this is just one more reason for us to not talk about what is in our collection and leave the door closed.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #13
bigjej
or how about another reason to take proper care of our animals and follow local ordinances. I'm not trying to villify this person but from what JColt added, this guy was as much to blame as the paranoid delusional neighbor. Things like this make responsible reptile keepers look bad and pay the price.

I would like to know what legal authority allows the APL to display and keep them at their ' several serpentariums ' - which I'm sure are not free to the public.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
Southern Wolf
Eric... maybe you should read the thread that Ms K started about a town in NC. She WAS keeping her animals properly and she ended up moving because of delusional neighbors causing troubles on the city level.

If folks dont know you have them.. they cant cause trouble.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #15
bigjej
You're right 100% but THIS thread is not about Ms. K. This is about someone else, someone who granted did have a nosy snooping troublemaking neighbor, but nevertheless someone who was in violation of the local laws and yet was still given - according to the above post- an opportunity to legalize his pets and failed to do so for whatever reason. I sympathize but we have to be responsible for our decisions to keep these animals, just as much as a person who keeps a dog and fails to get it vaccinated or licensed.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #16
Southern Wolf
While I do agree that you should do thing legally and take care of your animals.... at some point in the future all herps will probably be illegal. I hate to say it... but if this BS in Ohio is allowed to stand the HSUS and PETA will be targeting our states one at a time since we beat them in Washington.

thus... one more reason to keep your collection under wraps.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjej View Post
I would like to know what legal authority allows the APL to display and keep them at their ' several serpentariums ' - which I'm sure are not free to the public.
I think because he was looking at big money because he chose not to license his animals after several attempts. The fines plus licensing probably was more than he could afford so gave them up. He could have said, See you in court, your not taking them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post

thus... one more reason to keep your collection under wraps.
You got that right. People ask me and I say I don't have any more.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #18
BobOblak
Legalized grand larceny as far as I am concerned.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!