Corn Snake Identification - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2006, 10:00 PM   #1
Boa4u
Corn Snake Identification

Can anyone tell me what kind of corn I have? I have been trying to find a suitable mate for it(1.0). It was sold to me as Crimson Corn, which from what I understand is Hypo Miami Phase, only this snake does not look like the Crimsons that I have seen. There is almost no black on this animal at all and the tongue is orange/red. There is also very little white on the dorsal side and the sides have some mustard yellow coloration. The eyes are normal colored so I don't think it is any sort of albino. Also, there is very little checkering on the belly, most of it is towards the tail, again with very little black on it, and the black that is there is more like a dark charcoal grey.

Thanks

Alex
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Banded Hypo maybe?

Old 02-23-2006, 02:58 AM   #3
PaulSage
I agree with Stef. Her saddles look pretty wide, so I'd call her a banded. Definitely some sort of hypo, but not quite enough Miami influence to call it a crimson. That's just my opinion though, and you know what they say about opinions! lol Very nice looking snake.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:06 AM   #4
scalesnstuff
If this helps

I found a pic that Bill Love took, looks alot like yours, might lead you in the right direction.

http://members.aol.com/guttata319/Hawkherp/hypo.html

Old 02-23-2006, 06:26 AM   #5
Boa4u
Stephanie, Paul, Bert, Thanks for your input. Bert, you are right about the pictures in the link you posted. The second pic looks a lot like my snake but I don't see the mustard yellow on the sides like mine has. So I guess " some sort of hypo " is the verdict. Thanks again all!

Old 02-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
scalesnstuff
snake

Not a prob. If you do find out what morph that it is I would like to know. Very nice looking snake.

Old 02-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #7
Boa4u
Thanks for the compliment and I will post back if I get a more definative answer.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:27 AM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boa4u
Stephanie, Paul, Bert, Thanks for your input. Bert, you are right about the pictures in the link you posted. The second pic looks a lot like my snake but I don't see the mustard yellow on the sides like mine has. So I guess " some sort of hypo " is the verdict. Thanks again all!
Their are so much variations in a single cornsnake morph, I wouldn't find it unusual that yours has more yellow compared to another Hypo. Take a look at serpenco.com and looks through the pictures, their is a huge variation if you compare the pictures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!