Beardie doesn't like the cool side? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
Hleb
Beardie doesn't like the cool side?

Hey guys.

Had my Beardie a week now and I've noticed he won't use the cool side much.. and if he does he is only there for mere seconds (literally) before he is back basking again. I know Beardie's bask alot but seriously, it's all he seems to do.

Is this normal?

The temp (measured with a digital probe) under the basking spot is 98F and the temp on the cool side is 80F.

Also, unrelated but my Beardie seems to have those black stress lines under his chin and on his belly alot. Sometimes though, they are barely noticable at all then literally seconds later they'll appear!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Dragonstar
Is your beardie a baby? If so, you can try bumping up your basking temps to the upper end of the 100-110*f range.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!