ISO PURE Indian Rock Pythons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pythons

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #1
Mattwest
ISO PURE Indian Rock Pythons

I'm looking for a female Indian Rock Python.
Must be pure and not a hybrid.
Thanks!!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-07-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
chrisis697
If im not mistaken there are Indian pythons & african rock pythons, not Indian rock pythons.
Hopefully someone out there can confirm. Good luck in ur search. I myself would love to get a pair of pure Indian pythons, dont see many arnd.

Old 08-07-2020, 04:00 PM   #3
Mattwest
“Indian Rock Python” is a common name for them as well.
You’ll occasionally see the term “black tailed python” used.
Although these days it is more common to just see Indian Python.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-07-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
HR777
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisis697 View Post
If im not mistaken there are Indian pythons & african rock pythons, not Indian rock pythons.
Hopefully someone out there can confirm. Good luck in ur search. I myself would love to get a pair of pure Indian pythons, dont see many arnd.
Indian rock is also valid, just not as commonly used. Burmese pythons can also be called Asian or Asiatic rock pythons, and some people call Afrocks African pythons or northern/southern pythons.

Far as I know P. molurus is only being produced in pure Indian and Pakistani locales by 2 breeders in the US and they won’t have any available to others until 2022 at the absolute earliest. I’m also not sure what’s involved in obtaining them since the USARK victory in 2018 that re-allowed interstate sale and trade. P. molurus has been on CITES Appendix I protection since at least the 90s and moving/possessing them used to take some pretty serious permits. I’m fairly certain that’s still in effect.

Best of luck to you, I’m after a group myself but it’ll be a few years. Just glad someone’s working with them at all, keeping them going here since importation is banned.

Old 08-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #5
Mattwest
It’s illegal to sell them or “barter” them across state lines. It’s legal to give them away or loan them with no monetary strings. So people interested in breeding could loan pairs. I believe you’re correct that only 2 people are breeding them.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-08-2020, 12:02 AM   #6
DiabloSerpentino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattwest View Post
It’s illegal to sell them or “barter” them across state lines. It’s legal to give them away or loan them with no monetary strings. So people interested in breeding could loan pairs. I believe you’re correct that only 2 people are breeding them.

Matt, I'm sorry, as I'm not going to cite a source, but I am almost 100% positive this is incorrect. Any animal requiring an interestate commerce permit is going to require said permit to cross state lines, period. Otherwise, everyone would just be "loaning" them to each other and no one would get said permits. Indians are in the same boat as Indigos. You MUST obtain a USFWS permit to cross state lines with them (legally).

Old 08-08-2020, 07:59 AM   #7
Mattwest
My understanding is that you don’t need the permit if there isn’t a monetary transaction. Although it’s a moot point since there appear to be none for sale or loan.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-08-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
chrisis697
I have been talking to a gentleman in Florida since I myself have been in search of Jamaican boas. We have had many conversations about obtaining one. Since he is in FL & I'm in PA they would have to cross state lines. I told him in the begining I wanted to purchase one. He then educated me about gift of sale so to speak. Yes if the animal is sold, u need the proper paper work. Although if they are given or gifted u can send them across state lines.
This gentleman works with 5 zoos & is in the SSP program for WI boas. He seems very knowledgeable in the sense that since I work with "morphs" he WONT gift me any WI boas. That is just his personal beliefs I believe but I hugely respect that, cause that makes me feel he is genuine in the survival of those species. This is one txt he sent me.
Re: the Pines, they are CITES I and require CBB permits to buy. If you can find someone to gift them to you, you don't need permits. Breeding loans and gifting are the only 2 legal workarounds for CITES/Lacey Act.\

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!