Arizona Farm Village(inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
juggalo
Arizona Farm Village(inquiry)

Has anyone done business with them.We received an e-mail from Walter Aig wanting to purchase 4 of our Burmese python babies.
Here is the original e-mail my wife received.
----- Original Message -----
To: TBearden1@sc.rr.com
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 7:55 AM
Subject: 2008 Albinos and Het albinos

Hello Seller
I saw your listing and i am interested in the purchasing of your animal for my Farm village,I need some informations concerning the animal..

1,Is it still for sale
2,The final asking Price
3,My mode of payment is via check which will carry excess funds for the shipper..

I was just wondering if anyone had heard of or done business with them.
It just sounded kind of strange. There are more e-mails but they get a little more strange.And before I post them I thought I would just see if anyone here knows anything about them.Thanks

Old 06-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
snakewrangler
Sounds like a scam to me...especially the part about about the check carrying 'excess funds for the shipper'

Old 06-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
MRC31
I have never heard of this place. I live in Arizona. It sounds suspicious to me.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
ssshane
Scan

I have been contacted by several of the scammers, and that phrase "final asking price" had been used by more than half of them. The next email usually asks for your address, and that they will send their carrier over for the pick up.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
juggalo
Well this has been a long week I have tried everything I could to deter this guy and nothing seemed to work today I just received a cashiers check via UPS and there was a check from Wachovia inside.I am on my way there now to check with the branch manager to figure out weather or not this is a real check or not.

I hope this is the real thing but I am not getting all excited just yet.

I will let you all know by the end of the day if it truly was a scam or not.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
JeremyNicholson
Keep us posted.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #7
juggalo
OK it is a scam and here are all the names involved
Walter Aig was the contact name that all the e-mails came from I am sure that one will change.
Freddy Mendoza
UPS account number 7326576271
967 Toms River Road
Jackson NJ. 08527
is the name and address that sent the UPS letter.The Wachovia rep recognized the name so I guess this one has been around.

The name on the check was
eStara Inc.
1821 Michael Faraday Drive Ste 100
Reston Va. 20190

And this is the shipper I was supposed to contact's information.
Erynn Sellers
22 A Solera Dr.
Columbus,Ohio 43229

I am a little smarter than this tool gave me credit for and would never send someone my hard earned money for a check I just deposited before it clears.This guy tried all the way to the end.

Hope this keeps anyone from even wasting their time.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
ssshane
Thanks for the update. Let us know the results, I guess it could be real. I have never had one follow through, so who knows? Good luck with it.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #9
juggalo
No it is not a real deal it is a fraud that is why I posted all the names and info.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
MikeCurtin
This is a Federal Crime...I would contact the FBI in Newark immediately. Forward them all e-mails and make this guy pay so that he can't rip off anyone else. This is about 40 minutes from me and hits a little too close to home.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!