Confused, a lil' help please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Casey Hulse
Confused, a lil' help please

I was looking at some older BHB ads, and came across this one. What is the difference btwn a Blue Eyed Lucy, and a Super Mojave?? Thanx!

Blue Eyed Lucys : Very Nice
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have some beautiful Blue Eyed Lucy's and Super Mojave's in stock, along with a number of nice Mojaves and Lessers.

Blue Eyed Leucistics - $1,200 each (Pictured)
Super Mojaves - $1,000 each
Mojaves - $250 each
Lessers - $350 each

Check out www.bhbreptiles.com for more animals.

Email us if you don’t see what you are looking for; we have so much more.

Animal Guarantees:
We guarantee live arrival of all our animals. All animals are guaranteed to be healthy, feeding , and sexed properly. If you are not 100% satisfied please contact us within 48 hours.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
TheFragginDragon
The only difference is the top of the head of the Super Mojave will have a grayish blush to it, varying in size and darkness. For most though, it's still considered a BEL, just not as clean as the other variants.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
deborahbroadus
My understanding is that the Blue-eyed Lucy IS the Super Mojave representation.

The other BEL would be the Black-eyed Lucy.

Is my understanding incorrect?

Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
hhmoore
There are a lot of blue eyed lucys. We compiled a list late last year http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=leucistic

The black eyed lucy is the super fire, or super sulfur (I think there's another one)

Old 11-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
There are a lot of blue eyed lucys. We compiled a list late last year http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=leucistic

The black eyed lucy is the super fire, or super sulfur (I think there's another one)
That was helpful!

*I am currently only working with the Blue-eyed (Mojaves) and Ivories

Old 11-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Subdriven
that was good info..

Old 11-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Blue Eyed Leucistics - $1,200 each (Pictured)
Super Mojaves - $1,000 each
Mojaves - $250 each
Lessers - $350 each
I guess I was wanting to know what was the diff. between a Super Mojave and a BEL. If you get a leusistic snake from a MojoxMojo, if it has a greyish head it is a super mojo, and if it's clean it is a BEL?

Old 11-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I guess I was wanting to know what was the diff. between a Super Mojave and a BEL. If you get a leusistic snake from a MojoxMojo, if it has a greyish head it is a super mojo, and if it's clean it is a BEL?
You say tomato, I say to-mah-to...

I guess it depends on who you talk to. Whether it's clean or not, it's still considered a BEL (Blue Eyed Leucistic). I can see someone calling a BEL produced from two Mojaves a "Super Mojave", it's easier to call it that than a "Mojave x Mojave Blue Eyed Leucistic" By the same argument, you could call a BEL produced from two Lessers a "Super Lesser". You would know by the name that it would be much cleaner than a "Super Mojave"

Old 11-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
hhmoore
In that ad, I'm thinking the BEL might be mojave/lesser, since he is offering babies of both - hence the use of different terms (as long as I'm guessing, I'll go with him putting a male mojave to both a female lesser and female mojave). The only way to confirm that is to ask the seller, though.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
Casey Hulse
I'll have to ask Brian next I see him, but that will probably be Tinley next October.
It seems like he should know.
He is offering both Lessers and Mojos as well, so in one clutch of MojoxLesser eggs you could have mojo, lesser, BEL and Supermojo, so the lesser gene is making the BEL??
I produced a Super Mojo, and I am calling it a BEL, until I know otherwise.
Oh well, I am still confused...
Thanx for everyones input!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!