DTS Herps, Inc...inquiry - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #71
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Chuck: You must be joking? He is a good customer and we have a good friendship.
I don't care about your relationship with him. I just posted the email here as it was sent to me and shared it with my fellow members.

Time for dinner....catch you later.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #72
The BoidSmith
Mmmmm??? It would be interesting to hear from John Crickmer himself as there seem to be two diametrically oposed comments about the animals he received.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #73
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Mmmmm??? It would be interesting to hear from John Crickmer himself as there seem to be two diametrically oposed comments about the animals he received.
More than likely the guy dosnt care. He was upset at the fact that chuck shared the emails to begin with, saying it would smear his reputation and name. Even though he was the original one to bring this load of garbage to light in the first place.

Pretty scummy if you ask me. I wouldnt doubt it if hes gotten over that fact with some offers of cheap animals from Dan. Money speaks louder to some.....

Old 08-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #74
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
More than likely the guy dosnt care. He was upset at the fact that chuck shared the emails to begin with, saying it would smear his reputation and name. Even though he was the original one to bring this load of garbage to light in the first place.

Pretty scummy if you ask me. I wouldnt doubt it if hes gotten over that fact with some offers of cheap animals from Dan. Money speaks louder to some.....
Well it seems that he makes one comment to one individual and then turns his back and makes the exact opposite to another. It would be interesting to check the dates of both e-mails although according to Dan, his is the most recent one.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #75
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Well it seems that he makes one comment to one individual and then turns his back and makes the exact opposite to another. It would be interesting to check the dates of both e-mails although according to Dan, his is the most recent one.
I agree
The email you are asking about, the one chuck is showing, is one from awhile ago, from the beginning of all of this mess when he was first contacted by Crickmer.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #76
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle

You are absolutely correct Alicia. Here is another email that confirms what you say.

To: "'Chuck Kimmel'" <akchoice@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Hey Buddy
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:47:37 -0500

Chuck,

I wish you wouldn’t have done what you did. If I wanted to participate in the BOI Inquisition, to be shot as the messenger, I would have stepped up with my name. My point was to prove to you and you only that I’ve heard the exact same lies from Dan myself. The attachments were just to prove I wasn’t making any of it up. It was only about the kid.

I have purchased at least 60 Boas in the past year. Spent somewhere around $40K. I have way too much on the line with my investment to get my reputation, motives and methods brought into question over this piss ant and his piss ant lies.

You didn’t even extend me the courtesy of a reply, as I asked. I was waiting on your reply before sending you those emails I promised......

---------------------------------------------------------------

Old 08-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #77
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Enjoy There's not much time left, if you get my drift...
My post in the quote was made two days ago. Taking into consideration the way you've degraded, insulted, and demeaned everyone in this site (and the site itself) it's kind of surprising that you are still around. You are lucky that Rich is busy tending to this year's babies if not there's no doubt you would have been long gone. By the way, are you going to be in Daytona? Bringing any animals with you?

Best

Old 08-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #78
jburrut
my experience with DTS, you might want to read!!

bought two viper boas from dan, his costumer service was good with the initial transaction. how ever, I e-mailed him 3 days later stating that one of the two viper boas that I bought from him died. The other died 3 days later. I had two snakes that died in under a week. I kept these snakes accordingly to Jerry conways way. Dan, told me to take pictures so I did, he then told me that he would refund my snakes with two replacements if I gave him an extra payment for one and paid for shipping, I was confuses? I just spent $250.00 and I have two dead snakes ? WTF dude,? I thought the reptile business was a fun and easy and new way to learn and receive and enjoy herps of all kinds. I felt shafted to the full extent, I expressed my feelings to dan about this, and he pretty much closed off all doors. We soon came too terms, here on the BIO. I apologized and he stated that it was water under the bridge and that he would send me two snakes when he got around to it. Well I think when he said replacing he meant, that he was going to block me from being able to e-mail him and ignore all my calls. Dan I feel is a real coward, and not a man of his word from my experience with reptile dealers, I've never dealt with such a shady character, Never will I ever deal with him again nor will I ever support him!!

So best of luck to you bud, let me know if you have any questions
Jesse Barrett
Jburrut@aol.com

Old 08-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #79
KNOBTAIL
Just out of curiosity, Jesse

What were the terms of the sale. When I ship I only guarantee live delivery, beyond that I no longer assume any responsibility. I am sorry that you incurred a loss, and apparently something was very wrong for the snakes to die that way, but when you received them, did they appear sick ? Was the first notification to Dan when the first one died? Just exactly what was the arrangement beyond receiving them . This is a common occurrence when dealing with herps.

I just recently purchased 7 particular lizards. They arrived on time, were put into their cages, and 24 hours later 1 had died. Its my loss ! Thats the business we chose. Their is always a risk factor. Each animal has its level of risk, and the object is to limit the liability as much as possible. Had Dan sold you sick snakes, and you realized it immediately upon receipt, then that would be a different ball game. But a little more information would help.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #80
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL
What were the terms of the sale. When I ship I only guarantee live delivery, beyond that I no longer assume any responsibility. I am sorry that you incurred a loss, and apparently something was very wrong for the snakes to die that way, but when you received them, did they appear sick ? Was the first notification to Dan when the first one died? Just exactly what was the arrangement beyond receiving them . This is a common occurrence when dealing with herps.

I just recently purchased 7 particular lizards. They arrived on time, were put into their cages, and 24 hours later 1 had died. Its my loss ! Thats the business we chose. Their is always a risk factor. Each animal has its level of risk, and the object is to limit the liability as much as possible. Had Dan sold you sick snakes, and you realized it immediately upon receipt, then that would be a different ball game. But a little more information would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Well I will send you a pair of viper boas for free since you apologized. Please just give me a week or two to get them and feed them and check them out.

Dan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!