Bobby Pruett/Arboreals Etc. bad guy (must read) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
Ghi Reptiles
Thumbs down Bobby Pruett/Arboreals Etc. bad guy (must read)

OK......this is going a bit too far in my opinion.

I did a domain search on ghireptiles.com and what do you know the name was taken just a few days ago. I went to the site and this is what I found

http://www.ghireptiles.com

Well obviously not me or my e-mail I use but someone else desperately seeking attention. I did a little searching around and this is what I came up with:

ghireptiles.com

Certified Offer Service - Make an offer on this domain
Backorder - Try to get this name when it becomes available
Similar Names - See suggested alternatives for this domain
Domain Name.......... ghireptiles.com
Creation Date........ 2005-02-18
Registration Date.... 2005-02-18
Expiry Date.......... 2006-02-18
Organisation Name.... Chryl Pruett
Organisation Address. PO Box 312
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Avoca
Organisation Address. 47420
Organisation Address. IN
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Chryl Pruett
Admin Address........ PO Box 312
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Avoca
Admin Address........ 47420
Admin Address........ IN
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... lbcreptiles@yahoo.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.8122779744
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94089
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
Tech Email........... domain.tech@YAHOO-INC.COM
Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
Tech Fax............. +1.6198813010
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Sooo I was thinking who can this Chryl be? Then it dawned on me....whoa! This is what is on Bobby Pruett's website:

Contact information for Arboreals Etc...Arboreals Etc...

Call 1-419-621-7927 between 10am & 9pm EST leave Name & call back number and your call will be returned asap.
We can always be reached thru email at Bobby Pruett and will reply within 24hrs

When submitting payment in form of Money Order or Check, make them payable to Chryl Pruett

So it seems Pruett started a GHI Reptiles website just to show people my sentencing and one paragraph out of an entire novel I put on a site when asked about what I did to get into trouble. Just about everybody that knows me knows about what happened almost 10 years ago, no big secret.

Not only is Pruett infamous for the blind snow boa deal, taking a 15 year old kid for about 20 bucks, horrible shipping practices, selling bad animals, getting two snakes from me and never paying for them and saying to me 'F' you, you don't need the money, threatening me, and some other very off color things, he will now be infamous for getting so mad that he can't get me all wound up, that he had to register ghireptiles.com and make a little website with it. Everybody should be warned about this guy, his animals, and business practices.

If you think this is bad register on The Rachodactylus Network Forums and see the real Bobby Pruett in action on the snake forum and battle ground. The language, libelous comments, and general demeanor by him and Tim Bowles/'ToHotToHandle' is just mind blowing.

In my opinion guys like this have no place in the community and it is amazing that this guy is so angry he can't make me look bad, that he spends countless hours, days, weeks, and months coming up with the garbage he does.....well actually I am not amazed anymore, just use to it I guess. Bravo Pruett another classy move

Old 03-23-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
The guy is garbage Matt. No ifs ands or buts. Contact his ISP. Let them know what he is doing and I believe you will be happy with the results. Also, contact whoever is hosting that site. My guess is that if a threat of legal action is offerred that site will magically disappear

Old 03-23-2005, 06:39 AM   #3
DAND
Consider the source...

The only difference between Pruett and a truckload of manure is the manure has a use. Pruett should have been flushed 30 some odd years ago.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:33 AM   #4
Ghi Reptiles
Well he and Bowles have continued their childish assaults on Bobby's forum and they are both saying there that the 'new site' is not defamatory in any way but what they do know is it was put up with malicious intent. Granted nobody that knows me or sees it will pay any attention to it but it's the point of how far this person has gone and how much of his life is consumed by me, that is weird and I think he needs professional help.

We all know what Pruett has done to customers and other people in the business over the years and especially to me, and it's time that every single person be warned about his immoral actions and business ethics before they too are affected by him. I personally was taken for $400.00 by him, nothing compared to the $10,000 blind snow boa guy but $400.00 is not small change.

On numerous occasions before he has had immoral posts and threads forcibly removed from his forum because of the content having to do with child molestation so maybe if I do contact the webhosting company that runs his new site they will do something.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:17 AM   #5
Jim O
Matt,

Since you use this name commercially (and have for some time I imagine), you can send a cease and desist letter to them for infringing on use of your business name. I don't know about Florida but it costs about $38 to file a civil suit here in Virginia as a small claim. You can do that without an attorney and they will have to come and defend it or show cause why that court does not have jurisdiction. That would likely be more effort than it is worth for them. Also, if they fail to appear in court you will get a summary judgement.

My guess is they will cease and desist when they are served legal papers, making the suit moot.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #6
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
Matt,

Since you use this name commercially (and have for some time I imagine), you can send a cease and desist letter to them for infringing on use of your business name. I don't know about Florida but it costs about $38 to file a civil suit here in Virginia as a small claim. You can do that without an attorney and they will have to come and defend it or show cause why that court does not have jurisdiction. That would likely be more effort than it is worth for them. Also, if they fail to appear in court you will get a summary judgement.

My guess is they will cease and desist when they are served legal papers, making the suit moot.
Hey Jim,

A few points here. I do not have Ghi Reptiles trademarked or incorporated and I don't really want to. It is a name I have used for a long time and it's got a great reputation for very high quality animals (me too), but it's just a name and I am known as Ghi Reptiles, no biggie. Both of these guys have completely destroyed their own reputations and businesses and serving them legally will be a moot point because you can't squeeze water from a rock if you get my point. Let them continue to dig their own graves but the more people that see the kinds of things they Bobby/Tim do the more people may be saved from having to deal with Bobby or at least be very weary of his business ethics and be forewarned. (Tim is a non issue and is out of the business for good. By the way, I did file against Bowles once in florida for ripping me off but the Judge said I need to file in Ohio instead, too much of a hassle for someone who has disappeared from the scene but it was a slam dunk anyway and the whole community saw it so in essence I did win.}

Thanks for the reply Jim!

Old 03-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
Damon Theis
Quote:
I do not have Ghi Reptiles trademarked
You are covered by what is called "common law copyright".
What this means is that you do have right to the name, but if you sue, you cannot sue for recovery of the attorney fees you incurred to do so.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:08 PM   #8
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Theis
You are covered by what is called "common law copyright".
What this means is that you do have right to the name, but if you sue, you cannot sue for recovery of the attorney fees you incurred to do so.
Hey Damon,

Thanks for the info and I was aware years ago that I had the right to the name since everything I have has GHI Reptiles on it and that's who I am known as. I am sure just about 100% of the people who see the website or this thread know all about Pruett and his bad ways and bad history in the business and in life in general. It's kind of rediculous that someone can get so enraged that he has to put a website up with a guys comapny name that he screwed out of about $400.00. I guess I should be happy he didn't scam me for $1,000.00 or more otherwise he might have some of my company T-shirts made.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #9
LotsaPetsGarfHt
What Next?

I'm just amazed, doesn't it make you want to make a trip to Ohio?

Old 03-24-2005, 05:09 PM   #10
Ghi Reptiles
Not really.....he isn't worth the time. He is doing more damage to himself by being like is, it's perfect!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!