Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:32 AM   #61
Pink Lady Exotics
One of the many instances where she claims partnership:

Yes, most keepers have had escape artists, but not THAT many or THAT frequently. Nor do most keepers continue leaving the enclosures the same, allowing more escapes to happen...like 3 escapes from the same snake in the same day! Anyone with a shred of common sense would SOLVE the problem and prevent further escape.

I also PM'd you about something you should be aware of as her mother, since it appears she still lives at home with you.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:23 AM   #62
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcballpythons View Post
It was my first ever snake. First ever snake i even held.
So then how soon after receiving this snake, that died so quickly, did you get the second snake that "shared" time in an enclosure together?

Old 10-05-2014, 03:01 AM   #63
bobbafett
The facts (that Mindy has posted herself):

-A snake died in her care. This snake was around other snakes in her current collection.

-the snake that died was purchased from a seller that had confirmed IBD in his collection and has had IBD wipe out most of said collection

-she says this snake died of IBD but got no necropsy

-assuming she had IBD, she continued to add and sell reptiles

-animals she has sold have died that she claims is due to buyers neglect

-animals at her pet store are not being properly looked after with proper equipment

From everything she has said, I would not be comfortable purchasing an animal from her.

People can make up their own minds from the screen shots posted, of course.

I just find her attitude towards the whole IBD thing incredibly ignorant. Especially when IBD is such a serious disease that can easily destroy many people's collections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-05-2014, 03:20 AM   #64
bobbafett
Some more screen shots

A screenshot of when a new hobbyist was inquiring about how to regulate heat. Everyone was suggesting the better thermostats like VE and Herpstat, but she came in and tried to vouch for a $50 piece of junk from petco.

I never did understand how people can buy thousand dollar snakes and then trust their set up to cheap equipment.

I also find it kind of appalling and immature for Mindy to try and compare her situation with what Jen went through years ago.

When Jen found out her animals were sick, her collection was shut down. No animals in or out. All her animals ended up being euthanized and all her equipment was destroyed. She also was away from the hobby for a few years before starting completely fresh.

While Jen maintained quarantine and a closed collection, Mindy continued to add and sell animals even with an animal dying of suspected IBD.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:51 AM   #65
redarms
I'm not sure what the problem is, she said she's keeping her collection. The sick snake she purchased only came in contact with that one snake which is another ball python. This animal would most likely have died by now if it was sick. Could she get a live animal tested? If she could get that one tested I guess that would clear her? The animals she sells comes from an entirely different location. She was new to keeping at that point also, but obviously did some research afterward. To keep going on about who her technical business partners are is just bullying at this point. It's actually scary. We all say things and post in ads and use words to make customers feel comfortable. I hope I don't get crucified for enjoying and supporting the industry for the past what, seven years I've devoted? I paid for every animal I own out of my own pocket. It wasn't swiping credit cards for me, it was strategic money planning and sacrifice. I worked very hard to purchase and very hard to keep my animals. I wonder how many people and breeders things like this happen to and don't ever say a word about it, for fear of things like this. Mindy is just very open about what goes on, even her own mistakes so that maybe people would learn off her and I can respect that. I like what Tom said,

Old 10-05-2014, 05:03 AM   #66
bobbafett
I'm looking for the screen shot, but people have suggested blood tests and she said they were too much of a hassle .

Old 10-05-2014, 05:06 AM   #67
Pink Lady Exotics
The thing is, she hasn't admitted any mistakes in this.

Yes, there are blood PCR tests for IBD and PMV through ZooPath and Avian & Exotics Lab, and potentially PCR for BPNV through the lab at UF. This was already suggested to Mindy several times, and she stated it was a waste of money.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #68
mjcballpythons
Jen, yesI have admitted mistakes. I admitted fault for misusing the word "viral," claiming IBD when I have no idea what it was, making assumptions, and not getting a necropsy. I talked to the shop owner I work with and we are going to get a blood test done on the snake that was in direct contact with the snake that died. It will happen, just wait. I need to find someone to do it. If that'a what it is going to take to shut you all up, I'll do it. I have kissed your butts this whole time and yet you people are all over the place plastering "the picture" that happened back in, what, March?! I have remobed myself from all Ball Python groups on Facebook except for my own two so my involvement with the Ball world will be limited. I'll happily keep to myself and not add any of you snake people on my friends list unless I have done business with you. I'm all done festering in this immaturity and stupid decisions to try to help people. Its obviously true when the big breeders say not to get involved, they are VERY right. Its time for me to move on to better things. And btw, thank you Jason for having some common sense.
Now, give it time and I will have the test results from Dexter. Can't tell me I haven't bowed down to every one of you and kissed your feet now.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #69
mjcballpythons
I also didnt ever say it was a WASTE of money. i said it will be A LOT of money. The closest certified herp vet who has some reptile sense is in NY i think. A 4 hour drive.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #70
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcballpythons View Post
I also didnt ever say it was a WASTE of money. i said it will be A LOT of money. The closest certified herp vet who has some reptile sense is in NY i think. A 4 hour drive.
Did you bother to contact Dr. Jo Michaelson or Dr.Thomas Milos? Maybe they could be of some assistance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!