Bad Guy Chael Downey (Riley Downey) stole my gecko - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #11
juliasara
Unhappy

Also do you know rileys exact age? Even if you do get paid if he is under age and making deals with or attempting to with people without his parents knowledge/concent that is something people considering doing business with him in the future should be aware of. I'm not completely sure of the laws in other places but where I am minors can't enter into business contracts legally.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #12
chazzz
I'm with Julia this isn't resolved at all. As of right now you're still in basically the same place as before. The true identity of the person you spoke with is moot even if it was his father because you still have yet to receive payment. I'm guessing the person you talked to requested that you remove the address and they will guarantee payment? Posts on the BOI cannot be edited as Julia pointed out earlier.

Also can you provide any proof to support your claims? Like texts or emails even if they were just yours since he cutoff communication. Not doubting you, only the text messages you posted only show a deal in progress with no issues. Unless I'm reading them incorrectly.

I hope it does get resolved and sorry you have to deal with this!

Old 10-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
where I am minors can't enter into business contracts legally.
Minors and contracts are complex. Some contracts are voidable by the minor, and depending on whether a minor is 'emancipated' or other reasons, the contracts may not be voidable by the minor and both the minor and other party may be bound. There are many caveats and exceptions.

I think good everyday advice is to avoid contracts with minors, and contract with the parents instead.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSelect View Post
This issue is completely closed.
Simply because you may possibly have payment does not make this issue closed. As I said, the transaction is complex, and there is no proof that Chael did not send payment, because the payment was not scheduled to be received by you, but to be sent to someone else. (He may or may not have sent payment but there is no proof here).

At this point I can't say that Chael is a bad guy, but I can say that there is not enough information to preclude the thought of other bad guys somewhere in the transaction chain.
I would certainly like to hear Chael's side in all of this.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #15
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Simply because you may possibly have payment does not make this issue closed. As I said, the transaction is complex, and there is no proof that Chael did not send payment, because the payment was not scheduled to be received by you, but to be sent to someone else. (He may or may not have sent payment but there is no proof here).

At this point I can't say that Chael is a bad guy, but I can say that there is not enough information to preclude the thought of other bad guys somewhere in the transaction chain.
He got resolution and it's closed for him/her. Likely all the OP was saying.
Not that you or others can't continue to carry this thread on just he's out of it.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #16
juliasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I agree! There seems to be a lot of information and details missing. As well as questions unanswered. The point of the boi is more then just getting your issue solved, it's about warning others or in some cases giving people piece of mind when they are deciding if they want to conduct business with someone. It would be really helpful if the op or chael could answer the questions we have asked and fill in the missing details.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:40 AM   #17
Cali_Chael
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
I agree! There seems to be a lot of information and details missing. As well as questions unanswered. The point of the boi is more then just getting your issue solved, it's about warning others or in some cases giving people piece of mind when they are deciding if they want to conduct business with someone. It would be really helpful if the op or chael could answer the questions we have asked and fill in the missing details.
What questions do you have. This guy RD select is very rude. I don't want to talk to him.
  Received Infraction
Old 10-18-2015, 12:48 AM   #18
Cali_Chael
I tell this guy I am interested in a gecko. He doesn't tell me he lives in Japan or anything. Then I tell him how I'm going to get it, and that I would send him a check for payment. I told him I would send the check then he messages me and says it is shipped without payment. Then I find out from my friend( not getting them involved in this) that he loves in Japan and I'm not getting a gecko off him and its some random guy in Austin Texas. Still a nice animal but not from him. The check doesn't go through properly and he starts messaging me on FB going crazy about the money, which is understandable. He then starts calling my home phone every 30 seconds. I finally get PayPal and send him the cash. The problem is solved and he has now blocked me on FB and he is good with everything. That is what happened. Hope this helps your questions. I am not a minor either.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:51 AM   #19
Cali_Chael
Also in case RD reads this. I thank him for not posting my home phone which is completely un nessecary.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:39 AM   #20
hhmoore
"Chael",
In the screenshots of your conversation with the OP, it shows that your real name Riley Downey...why does your profile say Chael Van Hoot? Were you lying then, or are you lying now?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!