Inquiry Rockabirdie "Thomas" or "James Munoz"....extremely frustrating. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2015, 11:18 PM   #1
SobekSerpents
Rockabirdie "Thomas" or "James Munoz"....extremely frustrating.

Hi all,

I am hesitant to give someone a bad guy rating, especially someone who posts ads all over the place, but I am close to doing that here. I wanted to start this BOI post just to let people know how Rockabirdie conducts business. I am sure that some, or a lot, of his customers are happy. He posts several ads weekly. This is not an attempt to hurt his character or business, but to just inform people of my business with him and what has happened.

Nothing is embellished here. Both Rockabirdie and myself have all the same text messages that substantiate everything below 100%.

Details:

Recently I purchased the Bosc monitor in this ad from "Rockabirdie"
- http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=548617

Prior to buying this exact animal, he had posted one titled "Super Yellow", which I asked him about. I was caught up with work and missed the boat with the super yellow Bosc, though I then saw the ad for the above animal in the ad, and so I sent him the money in full for it ($185).

I told the seller that I was going to be out of town for an additional week after I purchased the animal and would like shipping to take place the week I returned. A couple days later or so, I saw that he had posted a "3rd" Bosc monitor, in which I asked if I could trade "up" for, though he said it sold already. This left me with my original Bosc in the ad that I paid for already.

The week of shipping, I found out I would be gone much longer than expected for work. I "asked" the seller what he was able to do for me, either a refund or just sending me the animal if he didn't have a refund policy. He told me (on a call) that he would give me the refund no problem, though gave no other details. After a few days or so I asked him about the refund via text, in which he told me that it was dependent upon selling the exact animal I purchased. That was news to me, but I was ok with it. He said it should be by the end of that week. I never saw a reposted ad for my purchased Bosc after we spoke though, so I was a little concerned he wasn't trying to actively sell the animal so I could get my refund he said was dependent on selling.

The first part of the following week I asked him about the refund again, in which he said would come soon. I was ok with that, I just wanted an update. I asked him about not posting any replacement ads, in which he said it hadn't left Fauna. Since I check Fauna daily, I told him I had not seen it. I asked when he posted it, in which he said he didn't remember. I gave him a link to the "sold" ad for the animal that was not relisted. He said he'd make an ad after that conversation, though never did.

After a few more days I asked him why I haven't seen an ad yet. He said his Kingsnake membership had expired, but the Fauna ad had not left Fauna. He said he was advertising it on Facebook as well. I asked him for a link to the FB ad, in which he would not send me.

He said he was confused at which animal I purchased, so I sent him screen captures of the ad (attached) and a link to the exact animal I purchased. He was still confused. I felt like I was getting the shaft here, so I told him I was getting frustrated. I said I could just open up a claim for the refund via paypal, in which he said "Go ahead, you can wait the 30 days to get your money..."...etc. He said he was being "cool" and I was not. I told him that lying to me about posting ads is "not" being cool. I then told him to just ship me the animal. In which he said he'd just send me the money....

After a couple more days, I noticed he was posting ads for several other monitors. He still was not posting the animal I had purchased though. I asked him why, in which he told me he "TRADED" it. This was the animal I was waiting for him to sell so that he could send me the refund he promised was coming.

So now he has traded the animal I purchased and has not refunded my money. You would think that as soon as that animal left his possession that a refund would have followed for the person who bought it....that is what I thought anyway.

He then said by the end of this weekend I would have my refund of $185...

I sent him a text at 8pm MST today (the end of the weekend) reminding him of his commitment to send the refund. He said it would be an hour. I then opened a dispute against him via Paypal in hopes this will spur him into action. The dispute will close once he refunds the money. The option of sending me the animal I purchased is no longer available since he gave it to someone else, so a refund is his only option here.

I just don't like being lied to and I have been patient enough...

***Update: 8:57pm MST***
I sent a text informing him about the dispute. He said he cannot send a paypal payment using his phone and he'll do it when he gets home. I send paypal payments using my phone all the time, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he has an old flip phone.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2015, 11:44 PM   #2
SobekSerpents
Lastly, I know things happen. Animals get sold, money gets spent....

But.....at the very least open & honest communicating would have been appreciated. Not lying about reposting the ad.....and finally.....not trading an animal I paid for in which I was told needed to sell in order to get my money back.

Maybe a good learning lesson here to do better business with others...

Old 10-19-2015, 01:39 AM   #3
redrob13B
Sorry about your experience. I haven't purchased an animal from them, but they are always posting some awesome animals.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:47 AM   #4
SobekSerpents
Update: 11:23pm

I am thinking I may just do screen captures of the entire message chain. I have been extremely, extremely patient with this guy. My final opinion about Rockabirdie is for people to take caution and look elsewhere for the animal they want...

I inquired about the refund, in which I was ignored for a little bit. I then sent a text letting him know that I spoke with my bank on Friday, in which they said this seems like internet fraud, as he took money from me for something he was advertising for, though doesn't even have what he took that money for in possession any longer and will not give a refund. That got his attention, in which he replied:

Rockabirdie: "It's not there yet, calm the F*** down"

Myself: "lol, hmmmm, you realize all this going on the BOI, right? I'm going by 'your' timeline. You keep failing to meet your own timeline".

Rockabirdie: "At this point I really don't care. You filed a dispute. It's your fault the money is not there."

Myself: "Go to the dispute page. Then send a refund. That simple. You're retarded. I'm not arguing with anymore. Either you sent it or Wells Fargo goes after your bank. That simple."

Rockabirdie: "As I said before I can't do this from my phone. You made this difficult not me."

Myself: "I did? Wow... Go to the dispute page, and resolve it. Any smart phone works on paypal."

Rockabirdie: "My timeline says I have an hour and a half"

Myself: "Lol, you literally meant the end of the weekend. Wow... how do you stay in business. Tonight man..."

Rockabirdie: "It's tough dealing with morons like you"

Myself: "Keep digging yourself in buddy. These text messages depict you terribly"

Rockabirdie: "Have Fun"

Old 10-19-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
SobekSerpents
Update: 12:05am

He has decided to be more cooperative. This is reason I do not like to give Bad Guy reviews hastily. Though it was a negative experience, in the end if we both walk away from it even, then at least he followed through with what he promised in the end.

People live and learn, we all do...right?

Old 10-19-2015, 02:19 AM   #6
SobekSerpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob13B View Post
Sorry about your experience. I haven't purchased an animal from them, but they are always posting some awesome animals.
I am not saying don't buy from him, I agree that some of the animals look great. I've been captive breeding for almost 26 years and I have seen my share of good guys that just happen to be having a bad day. It happens. I have also been taken for a fool over the years by people who are just looking to off load animals quickly. Photoshop has worked wonders on a lot of so-so animals in order to make them sell quicker.

I would have gladly accept the lizard I purchased, though work was keeping me away. I let the seller make the choice of either giving a refund or sending me the animal. I told him what I preferred and that was it. After that, I just held him to his word.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:23 AM   #7
SobekSerpents
Refund sent... Finally, and thank you.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:51 AM   #8
Rockabirdie
How do I post snap shots on here?

Old 10-19-2015, 05:18 AM   #9
Rockabirdie
Originally yes, I told Chris that I needed to sell the animal before I could refund him, due to lack of funds. I told him possibly by the end of the week, but did not want to make any promises I could not keep. There was confusion and misunderstanding on both are parts. The conversation got heated. At that point I decided I no longer wanted to do business with Chris, and told him I would have his refund by the end of the week Sunday, knowing I would have funds from another deal, and just wanted this done. Seeing how he was getting a refund, I was under no obligation to hold the animal for any reason. I transferred funds from another acct so I would have enough to send a refund. Chris decided to file a dispute before the timeline ended. The funds were held, which normally would not have been a problem, but I was $1.77 short. Because of that I could not issue the refund with the PayPal funds, and would be taken from the connected bank acct, which did not have the funds to cover it. Chris was very frustrated by this, but all he had to do was wait an hour or two. Well within the timeline of promise. For some reason I was having trouble doing it from my phone, and told him I would do it from home. His money was refunded within the timeline promised.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:58 AM   #10
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabirdie View Post
Originally yes, I told Chris that I needed to sell the animal before I could refund him, due to lack of funds. I told him possibly by the end of the week, but did not want to make any promises I could not keep. There was confusion and misunderstanding on both are parts. The conversation got heated. At that point I decided I no longer wanted to do business with Chris, and told him I would have his refund by the end of the week Sunday, knowing I would have funds from another deal, and just wanted this done. Seeing how he was getting a refund, I was under no obligation to hold the animal for any reason. I transferred funds from another acct so I would have enough to send a refund. Chris decided to file a dispute before the timeline ended. The funds were held, which normally would not have been a problem, but I was $1.77 short. Because of that I could not issue the refund with the PayPal funds, and would be taken from the connected bank acct, which did not have the funds to cover it. Chris was very frustrated by this, but all he had to do was wait an hour or two. Well within the timeline of promise. For some reason I was having trouble doing it from my phone, and told him I would do it from home. His money was refunded within the timeline promised.
Seems like this was an unfortunate experience for the both of you and could have easily been avoided with a little bit more patience.
However it is now here to stay which is a very good reason for working together to avoid that.
But I am a little perplexed, with the huge amount of sales you do on here and fb, you could not find $185 to do a refund???
Odd that....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!