Bad Guy Snakes At Sunset - Terrible Communication - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #61
DavidBeard
I'm guessing this is another case of someone letting their "feelings" dictate what they believe to be reality, instead of actual facts.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:40 PM   #62
Kittycatpenut
Alright, after looking online, I've found that a TOS can be binding. But, the whole thing can be thrown out if it's considered "unscionable." I'm not even talking about Snakesatsunset anymore, but in general. I think most people would agree that taking somebody's money and not providing anything would be "unconscionable"

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Old 11-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #63
Karma Kritters
I think Snakes at Sunset is the only Reptile shop I have ever heard of that actually pays an employee to take and send pictures to it's customers. I think this is going was beyond what most do. I am just a small breeder with only a small amount of animals I sell each year compared to them. I can speak from experience of how much time taking and sending pictures can take. Try contacting most other large shops and asking for individual pictures of animals. If you need this kind of service you should try sticking with only small time breeders as they may be able to spend/waste the time with you. Let's face it if your lucky one out of ten people that ask for pictures are serious and looking to buy.
The owner of this establishment does not know me and has never even spoken a word to me. However I do know one of the breeders that sells him boas. I have heard nothing but great things about him and his store. All I see in these complaints are people who have no idea how much it takes to keep the animals clean fed and healthy while trying to deal with picture collectors to try to keep everyone happy. I will be stopping by in the spring when I go back down south and will give a full review upon my return.
Oh before I forget. To the few that think he should just throw out refunds without asking why. How many sales did he turn down potentially while holding a sold animal. I have been in his shoes and yes I gave the refund but I could have sold my snake three times during that period. By the time my customer cancelled due to a "family emergency" two of the three had bought elsewhere and the last decided on another species. So there is a reason why some sellers only offer store credit for buyers remorse.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #64
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatpenut View Post
I think most people would agree that taking somebody's money and not providing anything would be "unconscionable"

If store credit were offered, that might make the deal 'conscionable'. Unconscionabilty is a case by case deal.
In fact, if you look through the UCC, you can see that, for instance, if a machining company custom makes a hundred widgets for a buyer that no one else would buy because they were for a specific machine, and the buyer backs out, there is a specific way to go about the transaction, the buyer does not just get all his money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I'm guessing this is another case of someone letting their "feelings" dictate what they believe to be reality, instead of actual facts.
That is exactly why contract law was developed, and UCC Article 2 sales was developed. The basics of a contract require assent, but in business, the assent is often not spelled out, a TOS plus the UCC to fill in the gaps guides the contract.
If a customer did not and could not see a TOS, ordinarily it will not bind (but the UCC can sometimes can allow an industry norm to be brought in).
Parties are also perfectly free to change the TOS as between them, but that has to be spelled out.
Here, the seller was perfectly willing to vary his TOS, based on the buyer's lie. We don't know whether he would have varied it otherwise. But if we let feelings govern business agreements, and allow people to simply change an agreed sale based on what they read at the breakfast table, or how they felt that day, the world would be in a shambles.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #65
Robert Walker
I realize you are banned, so you will just have to observe instead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalMethods View Post
1. And since no one's word means anything without proof, I really don't see any point in even Trying to explain myself.
2. Also go ahead and leave a "Bad Guy BOI" on me if you like. It means nothing to me. I am not a breeder, I will never be a breeder,
3. Not all the bad reviews are ridiculous.
4. Perhaps he sends out his healthy animals to the users on here... Maybe those
Quote:
5. I guess all the other businesses out there are stupid for not asking why then?
6. No I did not read through the rules here. If you all want to have stupid rules...
7. You should have to be 18 and over to order a live animal. And if an adult can't handle adult language, I Don't Give A...
Quote:
8. YOU HAVE ALL LIED BEFORE (AS ADULTS!)
1. Several other participates voiced concerns over communication. You are the only one who admitted to lying about getting what you wanted, so your credibility is shot. As such, more burden is placed upon your statements.
2. The BOI serves as a repository to research BOTH sellers and buyers.
3. No one said they are.
4. Here you go again, accusations and personal speculation without any proof.
5. Just returned extra light fixtures to Lowes yesterday. One of the first questions, "Was there anything wrong with the fixtures?". Smart businesses should and do ask probing questions.
6. I believe you, you didn't read the rules here prior to posting. I also believe you didn't read or inquire about the TOS "prior" to your purchase, just like you only read "reviews" after your purchase.
7. Those who visit Fauna come for a variety of reasons, least of which is to hear a supposed "adult" run a foul mouth muck. Don't like the rules, log off. Contrary to your belief, individuals of all ages participate here, neither being a buyer or age 18 is a requirement.
8. Prove it. This is not a mandatory requirement or rite of passage into adulthood. To accuse "all" adults of lying is a self-justifying fallacy.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #66
Fatalis
A couple of people have stated that they don't feel the lack of communication I experienced with Snakes At Sunset doesn't exactly merit a bad guy thread. If there had been another option of a neutral review, I would have probably picked that, but there was none and all other prefixes simply did not match. I stand by my choice of prefix and that the lackluster communication was definitely an issue that will prevent me from ordering from Snakes At Sunset again. They can decide if they want to take what happened as constructive feedback or not.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #67
Kittycatpenut
At this point I wouldn't want to deal with either the buyer or seller. The buyer for his terrible attitude and the seller for poor communication

Old 11-14-2016, 06:43 PM   #68
Fatalis
Quote:
At this point I wouldn't want to deal with either the buyer or seller. The buyer for his terrible attitude and the seller for poor communication

I think you are getting me mixed up with the other guy, but if my attitude was terrible I would like to know where.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #69
Kittycatpenut
Oh, sorry. I did get mixed up. From the amount he was talking I thought the other guy was the OP! I don't have any issues with you. You've seemed completely calm and professional

Old 11-14-2016, 06:51 PM   #70
Fatalis
Quote:
Oh, sorry. I did get mixed up. From the amount he was talking I thought the other guy was the OP! I don't have any issues with you. You've seemed completely calm and professional

Okay good to know! If there had been anything I had done poorly or improperly I am more than open to criticism.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!