Inquiry Has anyone used DBDPet (www.dbdpet.com)? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #1
Dyscophus antongilii
Has anyone used DBDPet (www.dbdpet.com)?

Hi All,

I am considering getting crickets from DBDPet. This is the website: http://www.dbdpet.com/crickets/ . Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks for your time and looking.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
MomofDnNnD
I've bought feeders from them and everything turned out just fine. I would recommend them as a supplier. Nice products, and nice family.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
Dyscophus antongilii
Thank you for much for your prompt response. I am sorry for my less then prompt response.

Can I ask how long ago you purchased from them?

Thanks again for your time.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
MomofDnNnD
I purchased from them recently, it was in the past 2 months and have used their feeders multiple times.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:13 PM   #5
Dyscophus antongilii
Thanks so much. I can't wait to order from them!

Old 11-21-2016, 06:41 PM   #6
Mike Schultz
I see the whole crew at many shows we both vend, and we do pick up feeders and supplies from them fairly frequently. Would recommend!

Old 11-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #7
DBDPet.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpetology8 View Post
Thanks so much. I can't wait to order from them!
@herpotology8

We stand by each and every shipment we send out, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any problems with your order we have a dedicated customer service representative ready to help. You can reach Kyle, at (855)323-5655 or customerservice@dbdpet.com

Hope this helped .

Oh just so you know, we ship our crickets out on Wednesdays, as we get a fresh batch of crickets in every Wednesday.

Thanks!

Old 11-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #8
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
I see the whole crew at many shows we both vend, and we do pick up feeders and supplies from them fairly frequently. Would recommend!
Thanks, for posting all that pertinent information. Plus, thank you, for your time and attention on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBDPet.com View Post
We stand by each and every shipment we send out, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Thank you, for that information.

Quote:
If you have any problems with your order we have a dedicated customer service representative ready to help. You can reach Kyle, at (855)323-5655 or customerservice@dbdpet.com
I see. Thank you, again, for that information.

Quote:
Hope this helped .
All of the above was very helpful. At least, in my humble opinion. I do have a question, what species of cricket do you breed: Acheta domestica or Gryllodes sigillatus?

Quote:
Oh just so you know, we ship our crickets out on Wednesdays, as we get a fresh batch of crickets in every Wednesday.
I see, so, that means I need to order on a Monday or a Tuesday, in order to get a Thursday delivery?

Old 11-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #9
DBDPet.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpetology8 View Post
Thanks, for posting all that pertinent information. Plus, thank you, for your time and attention on this matter.

Thank you, for that information.

All of the above was very helpful. At least, in my humble opinion. I do have a question, what species of cricket do you breed: Acheta domestica or Gryllodes sigillatus?

I see, so, that means I need to order on a Monday or a Tuesday, in order to get a Thursday delivery?

You are very welcome. We usually recommend ordering between Friday-Tuesday morning. This way we ensure we can order enough for that weeks orders.

Depending on where you are located it would be Thursday, Friday, or Saturday delivery. We are in NJ so if you are located in, California it would probably be Saturday, but if you are in NY, or PA it would be Thursday.

We do not breed our own crickets, we buy them from a farm that breeds them on a massive scale (2 million or so a week is what I am told). We need to have our order in with them on Tuesday morning, so we can have someone pick them up on Wednesday. I will get back to you with the species of cricket they are. They are not the banded crickets, if that is what you are wondering.

We order enough for the orders we have for the week, and we usually order a little bit extra 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, and 3/4 inch in case we get any orders later Tuesday, or Wednesday. After Wednesday night all orders will go out the following week, with our next batch of fresh crickets.

Hope this helped.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:56 PM   #10
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
You are very welcome.
I would also like to thank you for your continued patience.

Quote:
We usually recommend ordering between Friday-Tuesday morning. This way we ensure we can order enough for that weeks orders.
Thank you, for that information. I am very sorry for the confusion earlier.

Quote:
Depending on where you are located it would be Thursday, Friday, or Saturday delivery. We are in NJ so if you are located in, California it would probably be Saturday, but if you are in NY, or PA it would be Thursday.
Again, thank you, for that information. I am sorry for the confusion earlier.

Quote:
We do not breed our own crickets, we buy them from a farm that breeds them on a massive scale (2 million or so a week is what I am told).
Your prices are amazing considering you do not breed your own insects. That is a LOT of crickets!

Quote:
We need to have our order in with them on Tuesday morning, so we can have someone pick them up on Wednesday.

Quote:
I will get back to you with the species of cricket they are.
Yes, please, let me know the species of cricket they are.

Quote:
They are not the banded crickets, if that is what you are wondering.
I was wondering, if, they where Gryllodes sigillatus. But, please, let me know the species you sell.

Quote:
We order enough for the orders we have for the week, and we usually order a little bit extra 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, and 3/4 inch in case we get any orders later Tuesday, or Wednesday.
I see, I promise that I will try and order on/at the "appropriate" day/time interval. But, that is very good to know.

Quote:
After Wednesday night all orders will go out the following week, with our next batch of fresh crickets.
I see, thank you, for that information!

Quote:
Hope this helped.
Yes, that was very helpful. I do have one more question once we know the species of cricket. Hopefully, you do not mind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!