Bad Guy Tom Parker/Tropical Tom's. Did not sent animals and did not refund. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:24 PM   #31
chenhaoran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Tom I noticed in post 10 that you were directed to ship to a Mr. Gonzalez, that is not the name of the OP. I believe that might have invalidated any Paypal protection for you had you done that. Can you say more about that situation, and who Mr. Gonzalez is?

I think a new TOS will help. You might think about, as well as a nonrefundable deposit, having a predetermined boarding fee listed that you would charge if you had to hold a critter for reasons other than weather (for example) for over a certain period of time, a week, for example.
I am sorry that I did not leave enough information before.

I am a importer from HongKong. We need broker to take care of our shipment from the U.S to HongKong. And Mr. Gonzalez is our broker.

The date is has show on the screenshot but the Text massage screenshot is "Chinese" .

As Mr.Tom said he hold the snake for few months wait for our shipment.Thats totally lie because we contact him at Oct 1st.Our shipment is Oct 27th NOT Nov 27th.
I did change the shipment date once from Oct 26th delieve to Oct 25th
So. Mr.Tom has been try to refund for al month already.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:25 PM   #32
chenhaoran
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Just so I'm clear because there are no dates or timestamps posted on the screen shots, the buyer delayed shipping for four months and then finally wanted the snakes sent out last week on 11/24? Because that was Thanksgiving, nothing could ship that day due to the federal holiday, everything was closed.

Also to be clear, the buyer paid for the snakes but never did pay for shipping, even after telling you to ship on the 24th? And were the snakes to be shipped to an address in the US or overseas?

Do you have anything in your TOS about non-refundable deposits?

I am a importer from HongKong. We need broker to take care of our shipment from the U.S to HongKong. And Mr. Gonzalez is our broker.

The date is has show on the screenshot but the Text massage screenshot is "Chinese" .

As Mr.Tom said he hold the snake for few months wait for our shipment.Thats totally lie because we contact him at Oct 1st.Our shipment is Oct 27th NOT Nov 27th.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:26 PM   #33
chenhaoran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
From the limited amount of information posted so far (lack of dates or shipping details etc), it does not appear that it warranted a bad guy title whatsoever.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:30 PM   #34
chenhaoran
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
I am making a new policy page for my sites today. I came up with a way to get money into my paypal account while I am waiting for paypal to unlock my account. They tried to take the money from an unverifed and closed account. They will now not let me delete that account. Catch 22. I refunded part of the money this morning. After I see that it went through and the buyer claims it, I will send the rest of the money back. My mistake for not having a better system in place to deal with all possible scenarios. If the purchaser changes the shipping date with little to no notice it would not usually be a problem. The buyer has now made it my problem since he no longer wants the snake he purchased and I do not have a good policy in place to address this situation.
You did not hold the snake for few months.
And the shipment date was change one day earlier from Oct 26th deliver to 25th deliver.
Maybe other people dont know who really happen.But you have been TRY to refund for a whole month already.

I hope I misundetstand you and I am always welcome when you making this right.

Thank you
Chan

Old 11-29-2016, 11:31 PM   #35
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenhaoran View Post
You really don't need to repeat the very same post to each individual you need to address. Once is fine. Can you post screenshots of the parts of the conversation where shipping arrangements were made and then changed? There are definitely some pieces missing. Ideally, we'd like to see everything - preferably with visible timestamps.

Between your claims and the evidence you've presented, your story seems pretty consistent. While the seller has stated that you edited the information to your own benefit, it does seem noteworthy that he's ignored requests to provide anything that corroborates his own version of the story.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:36 PM   #36
chenhaoran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
You really don't need to repeat the very same post to each individual you need to address. Once is fine. Can you post screenshots of the parts of the conversation where shipping arrangements were made and then changed? There are definitely some pieces missing. Ideally, we'd like to see everything - preferably with visible timestamps.

Between your claims and the evidence you've presented, your story seems pretty consistent. While the seller has stated that you edited the information to your own benefit, it does seem noteworthy that he's ignored requests to provide anything that corroborates his own version of the story.

Thank you so much for the advice.Should I post a whole new Thread again since there are information did not posted at the first page?
Thank you

Old 11-29-2016, 11:40 PM   #37
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenhaoran View Post
Thank you so much for the advice.Should I post a whole new Thread again since there are information did not posted at the first page?
No need to do that. It's best to keep everything in the same place - this thread. Feel free to add anything here that you feel supports what you're saying. Not sure there's any such thing as too much proof. Especially when it seems that obvious details are somehow being missed.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:56 AM   #38
tcp2
I am not going to go back through all of the emails and texts. He contacted me repeatedly on multiple websites and facebook. Very confusing and endless string of hard to understand questions. I sent him partial payment after I had someone add money to my paypal account since payypal had frozen my account. I can send the screenshot from paypal, but at this point this all needs to come to an end. When he acknowledges that he has received money from me through paypal I will send the rest. He now has added that he moved the shipping date forward with little warning to a date I was not able to ship on. I was ready to ship on the original date that he requested. He did not ever check with me ahead of time to see of the original shipping date would work.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:57 AM   #39
chenhaoran
Here are the email and paypal history.
Me and Mr.Tom start talking on Oct 1st.And I sent payment on Oct 2nd.
I have change the deliver day from Oct 26th to Oct 25th.
And I contact Mr.Tom on Oct 27th (2 days after snakes should deliver) for refund .Mr.Tom said OK.
At the last picture shows Mr.Tom has refund 200USD to my paypal at Nov 30th.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:09 AM   #40
tcp2
Chan has posted this after I asked him to acknowledge that he had received partial payment. He did not try to show that the money was in his account all day. I will forward the rest of the money to him. I doubt the next time he purchases an animal and changes the shipping date to one day window and then wants his money back he will be so lucky as to get a full refund. I had numerous sales for this animal that I did not make because I was holding it for him. I will post tomorrow when the final paypal payment has gone through, and then I will be done with this. Incredibly annoying start to finish.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!