Bad Guy Tom Parker/Tropical Tom's. Did not sent animals and did not refund. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #51
tcp2
Dan, I am not going to respond to your posts anymore. The buyer changes the ship date one day before he wants the snake shipped. He gives me very little notice to when he even wanted the snake shipped. I agreed to the first ship date even thought that was going to be difficult to pull off on short notice. He paid for the price of the snake, never even inquired what it would cost to ship her. When I couldn't pull a rabbit out of a hat and ship on one days notice, he wanted a full refund. Really? I passed up many sales of a female pied ball python while I held the snake for him. He started inquiring about the snake way before he paid for it. Countless emails. No, I am not going to find every single one of them for you to dissect. This has already consumed way too much time. Since paypal will not pull funds from my new bank account until they verify it in the next few days, I have to have someone put money into my paypal account through friends and family. You are spending way too much time with your everybody is a bad guy conspiracy theories. Now that I have updated terms of service, I would not have issued a full refund in this case. He could have figured out some other way to have the snake shipped. I am taking care of multiple hundred animals and really cannot continue the back and forth. The balance of the refund will go out today and Chen can then acknowledge the payment so we can all get on with our lives.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:09 PM   #52
chenhaoran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
That statement literally doesn't apply to anything I've said to you. Your comments have flat-out not lined up with the evidence that Chen has presented. You've supplied absolutely no proof for the charges you've made against him, charges that his evidence shoots all to hell. People seem oddly reluctant to notice that which doesn't present you in a favorable light; while I can't understand how I seem to be the only one that has an issue with you apparently choosing to lie about the details of this transaction to paint the OP as the shady character. Potential buyers should be wary of dealing with anyone who has such a cavalier attitude toward misrepresentation, which certainly seems to describe how you've handled this thread.
Hello Dan.

Thank you and Thank you and Thank you.
Even it took me a while to translate your reply.
Really.Thx a lot

Hope you have a good night.
Chan

Old 11-30-2016, 08:32 PM   #53
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
You are spending way too much time with your everybody is a bad guy conspiracy theories.
Another one of your convenient little misrepresentations that don't remotely line up with reality. They seem to come really easily to you. I'm simply calling you a liar and daring you to prove me wrong. As many times as you've said you were done with this thread, you've kept coming back and putting more time into doing anything but proving your words are true. But go ahead and try to turn it around on me. It's just another move taken straight out of The Handbook.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:04 PM   #54
tcp2
Chan has his refund in full.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:58 AM   #55
tlmoon
Good to hear Tom.

I really don't see either the OP or the seller as a bad guy or a scammer. One one hand, it looks like the request to ship on 10/24 was made on 10/23 - Hong Kong time? Which is ahead of Pacific time so that is pretty last minute. Tom, I think it would have been a cleaner transaction to know that you couldn't ship then and tell him clearly. He apparently didn't know since he was texting to check why the snake didn't arrive. And to be fair, waiting until now for the refund is a little long. As you've indicated a refund in these situations is not always granted so it was good of you to do that.

Probably frustrating for both of you, but I'm glad it looks to be resolved now.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:22 AM   #56
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
I really don't see either the OP or the seller as a bad guy or a scammer.
Within the context of what took place in the actual transaction before this thread appeared, I could probably agree with that. However, I think the posts within this thread tell a different story. In my years here, I've noticed that the Good Guys almost universally avoid attacking one's credibility while refusing to give hard supporting evidence. Can you put yourself in the mindset of someone who truly feels his claims are righteous, yet has no interest in corroborating those claims by posting the texts/emails that he somehow just doesn't feel like going through? I know I can't.

If you feel strongly enough to level the charge, you should feel strongly enough to back it up. At this point, I can't really see his refusal as anything other than a tacit admission that he'd do nothing more than incriminate himself by making his copies available. Claiming someone is manipulating evidence is a pretty serious accusation to be throwing around without one shred of proof. If you'd honestly feel good about buying from someone who's shown such a willingness do just that, I'm really not even sure how to respond to that.

If he's willing to grossly misrepresent the details of what occurred during one transaction - and he's presented nothing tangible that would discourage such a conclusion - what makes you believe he wouldn't choose to do so again in your dealings with him? I don't think anything is gained by sweeping this under the rug and pretending it's a wash. Since when does the BOI take someone at his word when it doesn't come close to aligning with all available evidence?

Old 12-01-2016, 05:11 AM   #57
chenhaoran
Yes. Mr.Tom~
I saw the money is pending.Will post it again as it complete
Thx
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2016, 07:54 PM   #58
tlmoon
Fair enough point Dan. I am stuck with an optimistic nature and I do wear rose colored glasses at times! I don't know quite what went down with this transaction but at least both parties were willing to try to work it out. Granted, Chen had to post here to get things moving.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:56 AM   #59
chenhaoran
Money still Pending on paypal.
I will post it when the refund complete.

Thank you
Chan

Old 12-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #60
chenhaoran
Hello.The refund is done.
May I ask how to deleted this thread or whom should I contact with?

Thank you
Chan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!