Another death due to butchers - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-12-2004, 07:56 PM   #11
Hammer
Here it is...

I hope it posts....

Old 12-13-2004, 01:04 AM   #12
Chance
Another possibility I haven't heard mentioned yet...surprisingly, knowing the reputation of these people... is what if they sent him the venomoid king knowing full and well it was a venomoid but that it was probably going to expire shortly. With as many venomoids as they "make" (god that thought sickens me) they probably have some clue what to look for in an animal that's probably not doing so well from the surgery and may be nearly ready to die. With reptiles, an infection could easily take 4 weeks or maybe even more to kill it. I've had a perfect condition adult male PNG taipan go from eating great and being very active to dead within a 24 hour time period, likely from an internal parasite overload that built up over the month I had him until he just couldn't take it any longer. Also, stress can be fatal to a reptile, especially a king that is ripped from the wild, thrown in a wood container until the exporter meets his quota, likely starved and dehydrated, shipped overseas here, kept in probably poor conditions in the importer's facility, sent to this company's place, and put through what I can only imagine as unimaginable pain and suffering during the venomoid procedure. Four weeks later, the once gorgeous and powerful king succombs to infection, stress, disease brought on by stress, or whatever. Anyway, my point is that I wouldn't be too very surprised if this company thought they could just rip you off bigtime and send you a king that they knew was about to kick the bucket but at least they could get the price of a normal, intact animal. Maybe they even thought you'd be so happy to have gotten the "much more valuable" venomoid king that you wouldn't be so pissed when it died. Who knows. The point is, they messed up, and if they did send a hot animal to someone expecting a venomoid, and that person is bitten by it, I personally hope they are sued for everything they are worth.

Old 12-13-2004, 11:47 AM   #13
Mustangrde1
Call me skeptical from dealing with these clowns so long but Hammer. Please post the Name of the persons/business you purchased the animal from also Pictures of the animal with special note to the stitches. This post really belongs on the BOI as it’s a BAD EXPERIANCE WITH A DEALER/ SELLER.

Please post The Sellers Name and Business name
Post all E-Mails you have had with the Seller/ Business
Post pictures of the Box it came in with you address blocked out
Post pictures of the Snake with special attention to the stitches.
If possible post exact length and weight
Any and all information!

The possible ramification based on the speculation of them making a mistake in shipping you a void vs. hot and someone getting the hot that wanted a void is very troubling. A bite from a king is life threatening for sure. Hopefully if someone received this King in the same time frame they are treating it as hot. You should post this information as many places as possible to alert the person if there is one to the possible danger.

The other possibility is they sent you the King and fully understood it was a void and on deaths door and that’s why they sent it to you thinking they can pull off a scam.

If you want to send me the pictures I will try resize them for you. Or if you have a photoshop on you PC got to edit size and set it at lower setting what program do you use?

Thank you

Old 12-14-2004, 11:09 PM   #14
Mardi Snipes
Picture of Venomoid King......Hopefully:-)

Let's see if the picture shows up. He emailed me the pic and I resized it. It is hard to believe someone would send a snake out like this.

Mardi Snipes
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2004, 11:28 PM   #15
Mustangrde1
Thanks Mardi for posting them. I do not have words that can express how i feel at this moment!

Old 12-14-2004, 11:58 PM   #16
Laura S.
My god...how can people continue to do such horrid things.....and people wonder why I'd rather spend time withmy animals than people....

::::walks away shaking head in dispair::::

Old 12-15-2004, 01:03 AM   #17
COBRAMAN
Hammer

Sorry about your ordeal. I sent you an e-mail when Ricky forwarded yours to me. We will get you a nice Malaysian King off our next shipment.
Ray Hunter

Old 12-15-2004, 01:14 AM   #18
Amos
Angry Makes me sick...

To ever see such a majestis animal in that shape!Those Carolina reptile exchange people need to be put out of buisness!!

Trey

Old 12-15-2004, 01:22 AM   #19
snakegetters
Those sutures look horrendous. That looks like the old nonabsorbable crap nobody uses any more, especially not on snakes. And it's much too large for the task. When we stitch a snake up at the clinic from a simple wound, you can't easily tell that there were ever stitches there without looking very closely, even right after the operation.

I do not believe that this job was done by a veterinarian. This looks like hack work.

Old 12-15-2004, 02:15 AM   #20
Chance
I just wanted to say 'good on ya' Ray for offering Hammer a king out of the next shipment because of what he has gone through. It's always good to see your kind of people in a hobby with as many scammers as this one has. I can only hope that the good folks that destroyed this poor king get their just rewards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!