Help identifying species of Carpet python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #1
highschoolgecko
Help identifying species of Carpet python

Hello everyone!

So this afternoon I had to run to the petstore to grab crickets for some of my reptiles and I saw a carpet python for sale. Now I am used to seeing Rainbow boas, ball pythons, red tail boas, sand boas, etc. All the pretty common stuff, but outside of the specialty reptile stores I have never seen a Carpet python for sale, and even then not one this small. I am going to attach a picture unfortunately its the only one I was able to take because the associate that allowed me to hold the snake wouldn't oblige me in taking a picture of it. I don't think its a jungle based on its patterning. The head is also kind of blunt more like a corn snakes in shape than a typical python head, which really throws me. It looks more Coastal from the pictures I've looked up. I really want to go back and buy this little guy/girl, but I need to know what species it is to properly setup an enclose for it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Side note: For whatever reason I have tried about 6 times to attach this picture in the correct orientation, but it won't, so I apologize.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2016, 04:15 AM   #2
lilgreenbee
Looks Coastal to me. Might be a subspecies cross. I was able to re-orient the photo for you.

Name:  snakecarpetpython.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  191.8 KB

Old 05-09-2016, 03:28 PM   #3
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by highschoolgecko View Post
I really want to go back and buy this little guy/girl, but I need to know what species it is to properly setup an enclose for it.
Victor, did you end up getting this snake?

Kathy

Old 05-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreenbee View Post
I was able to re-orient the photo for you.
Thank you - I tried, but couldn't get it right side up either!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!