Collection update; auritas - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:11 AM   #11
Jawsofafrog
Here you go Matt: http://www.strictlyreptiles.tv/produ...orn-frog-baby/

Old 05-13-2017, 12:12 AM   #12
Jawsofafrog
Bart my C. aurita looked like a twin of your frog in the first pic you posted today. Yeah mine is 2 inches.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:14 AM   #13
Jawsofafrog
Nice update. My aurita is a shy eater and never has tong fed. Maybe one day when he/she gets larger. I have to leave the room for my frog to eat.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:38 AM   #14
Bart
I wonder why yours is such a shy eater.. You have your temps and humidity up? They like a bit warmer than other horn frogs 81-84 and 80% humidity..

Here's another pic of the bigger one i thought looked really cool.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:18 AM   #15
Jawsofafrog
Yes, it was 84F today and 79-82F at night when my C. aurita ate last night. Yeah, nice pic.

Old 05-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #16
elena
My personal experience with Pat Kline was buying mixed wholesale lots of cranwelli. I remember him offering the rarer species to me at the time, saying he bred them as well, but I did not at the time think that they would sell well to my customer base. The quality of the animals I did buy, however, was phenomenal.

Old 05-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #17
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
My personal experience with Pat Kline was buying mixed wholesale lots of cranwelli. I remember him offering the rarer species to me at the time, saying he bred them as well, but I did not at the time think that they would sell well to my customer base. The quality of the animals I did buy, however, was phenomenal.
Nice.. yeah.

Old 10-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #18
Bry the Frog Guy
They are both beautiful in my opinion, really nice body shape and they are healthy which is the most important part. I totally understand being disappointed over the color though, these Aurita are unique with their neon greens, yellow, orange and reds so I understand why you would want those stunning colors. I myself love the color too, my favorite color is a frog with a majority color of green, with a nice crisp bold black pattern some brown highlights topped off with some neon red/orange spotting. Next choice would be a majority green with hints of brow plus black bold pattern, and I love the tan ones that have a lot of red, orange spotting and color. I am actually looking to buy my first Aurita now, there is a choice for all colors nothing that really screams perfection but almost, oddly the frog that is at the top is a plain tan and brown one with a dark bold pattern, it contrasts beautifully but the reason why I like this particular frog over the more colorful ones is because the frog just seems genetically the healthiest, nice round size, good horns, perfect nose shape, bumpy warty skin and even though it has know greens/red the color is still really beautiful. Hopefully I can work a miracle and get both but if not I am heavily favoring the tan one. Health is alway the most important thing in my eyes, the individuals who are my best feeders always quickly become my favorites, nothing like a frog or gecko with an explosive attack. Like I said I understand your disappointment but hey you still got some beautiful healthy frogs and thats all that really matters.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!