Does this corn snake look sick or unhealthy to you? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-26-2016, 05:42 PM   #11
elena
I'm very sorry this happened on your first purchase. If you are thinking of trying again, consider Don at South Mountain Reptiles. I've gotten many quality corns from him, and he has something in every price range. If you are nervous about working with babies, consider purchasing a yearling.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:12 AM   #12
daddio207
Sorry for your losses

IMO you should name the "breeders" so others will know to stay away. They gave bad advice and probably lied about the snakes eating.

I couldn't find you on http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/ . If your not on it and plan to get another corn snake please join! You will get quicker responses. There is excellent pinned threads on issues with corn snakes including non feeders. There are very experienced breeders on there that will work with you with any problems that may arise with any snake purchased (or not purchased) from them.

Did either snake ever shed their skins while in your care? Did the sellers ever mention if and when they had shed?

Old 11-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #13
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio207 View Post
IMO you should name the "breeders" so others will know to stay away. They gave bad advice and probably lied about the snakes eating.

Just a reminder, if that is going to be done, it needs to be on the Board of Inquiry and not in the discussion forums.
Thank you

Old 12-13-2016, 11:26 PM   #14
hotlips
I'm sorry for the loss of these snakes, but if I may make a suggestion for any future snakes you may get? Do not handle any new snakes until you've had them long enough for them to have fed easily at least 2 or 3 times at normal intervals. And if they are hard to feed, do not handle them at all...feeding is "job 1"...there is no rush to "tame" a snake. I've bred & successfully raised a number of corn & other rat snakes, and what happens is that they are delicate creatures...handling disrupts their normal feeding instincts, just when they're trying to settle in to a new place to live...and keep in mind that shipping* is risky too. (*they can get too cold & die) Handling is very stressful to a snake: please remember that anything that normally picks up a snake in the wild is a
predator about to eat them! So if they were already weak (and for all I know they may
have been ill) you did them no favors by keeping them together & handling. Your source gave you plenty of bad information, so sorry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
corn snakes